Christmas.

Because Christmas.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
My favorite official holiday has to be Thanksgiving. I love just sitting around and eating. It also was the time of year that my family always visited Iowa, and I came here for a reason. Waking up on Thanksgiving day and watching the parade brings back so many memories.

My favorite unofficial is... Steak and BJ Day A month after Valentines Day. Where your women gives you a big piece of meat and you give her your big piece of meat.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
Thanksgiving.

No expectations, no gift giving, just hang with family, relax, pig out and watch Detroit/Dallas get their ***** kicked.

isufan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 23, 2009
SW Iowa
Thanksgiving is the correct answer.

Also a big fan of other days I get off work like Memorial Day, Labor Day, and Veterans Day.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Thursday opening round (Not that play a game to get in ********) of March Madness.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Thursday opening round (Not that play a game to get in ********) of March Madness.

I got In-School-Suspension on purpose in high school because of March Madness. The basketball coach was the ISS monitor and he would just have the games playing all day. It was awesome

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
March Madness, Thanksgiving, New Years, and Christmas in a tie this year because they all give me a 4 day weekend at least. The food and festivities are just a bonus.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

I've been taking those two days off for years now...hubby just joined me last year. Before that, he just watched all the weekend games.

Those early games are the BEST!

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Thanksgiving. Always been my favorite. Love all the food plus when I was a kid my cousins and I used to play football for hours after eating. We used to make stupid different rules each year the two oldest kids on each team could only run backwards for the first 3 seconds of every play on offense.

Now that we have 3 young kids Christmas is pretty much a tie. It is fun to watch them even though it means way more work for me now (staying up late on Xmas eve putting together the large gifts). Being my wife is a christmas crack job she goes all out and the kids love it.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
New Years for me. 20 years ago we started an all-night party for our blended family of teenagers - they could invite their friends - we played games all night and eat nachos (the fixings cover two tables) till they're coming out our ears. Alcohol-free (with a tiny amount of champaign at midnight with parental permission). The numbers grew over the years, and even when the kids reached legal age, the drinking stayed at a minimum. Some of their friends still come even when our kids can't make it back. Next morning we make waffles and omelets and watch football games. :)

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
The first Fri and Sat of football season. Doesn't get any better.

Edit: unless Iowa state loses to uni. Then it could be a lot better.