Deandre Kane takes the shoes off his feet and gives them to a homeless man.

UraMallas

Jan 9, 2013
That's legit Gold Star Award level stuff. Good to know he's not just a good basketball player.

The bro @King_Kane50 just took a pair of Jordan 13's off his feet, gave it to this homeless man and paid for his haircut, #SelflessLove.

Ok @King_Kane50 I see you bein civil! I guess you ain't got no Squadron 13's either now huh? Lol But that's humble bro! #Respect

S/o to my bro @King_Kane50 took some 13's Jordan's off his feet and gave them to a homeless guy and paid 4 the haircut!

https://twitter.com/MonteMorris11/status/396075861767495680

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Boy. People were right about these thug transfers. Fred is in over his head.

Super awesome move by Kane. Kids like him deserve to succeed in life.

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA
And people wonder why we follow these guys (or recruits) on Twitter. These are the kinds of things you ONLY get to see on Twitter.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
But, but, but, he had so many technical fouls!! :jimlad:

Good job outta Kane!
I didn't even know Ames had homeless people.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Not sure if serious...
No I really am.
Maybe I never went to the right places, but when I lived there for 5 years, I don't think I saw one legit homeless person. I saw some odd/dirty people but just assumed they were hawkeye fans. But, I never saw somebody sleeping under a bridge or curled up in a sleeping bag on the side of the road.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
---we are Iowa State---

Somehow this will come back in some manner as impermissable benefits...even though DK was doing the giving.

:pwink:

Love seeing evidence of these guys not only being great players, but great people. Too many times it turns to ego. No one's perfect, but glad to see good stuff when it happens.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
---we are Iowa State---

Somehow this will come back in some manner as impermissable benefits...even though DK was doing the giving.

:pwink:

With how inept the NCAA is, I could see them being confused on the whole ordeal.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
No I really am.
Maybe I never went to the right places, but when I lived there for 5 years, I don't think I saw one legit homeless person. I saw some odd/dirty people but just assumed they were hawkeye fans. But, I never saw somebody sleeping under a bridge or curled up in a sleeping bag on the side of the road.

Did you ever return cans?

I think this is great and all, but I'm kind of worried. Ejim is hurt and now Kane has to play in bare feet.

Reactions: JBone84

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Did you ever return cans?

I think this is great and all, but I'm kind of worried. Ejim is hurt and now Kane has to play in bare feet.
Yeah, I did. And that's mainly where I saw the shady people, but I didn't know if they were 100% homeless or not. Because lets be honest, most people don't look great when returning cans. I probably looked homeless returning cans minus my younger age.

And Kane won't play in his bare feet, ya goof ball! He kept his socks.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Yeah, I did. And that's mainly where I saw the shady people, but I didn't know if they were 100% homeless or not. Because lets be honest, most people don't look great when returning cans. I probably looked homeless returning cans minus my younger age.

And Kane won't play in his bare feet, ya goof ball! He kept his socks.
I think some of the homeless people live in the woods east of Freddy Court on 13th street and some in the woods behind the DOT by East HyVee.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
No I really am.

One lives in the wooded area just east of the soccer field on Elwood. Had a very elaborate fort made out of sticks.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
One lives in the wooded area just east of the soccer field on Elwood. Had a very elaborate fort made out of sticks.
So it sounds like the homeless people in Ames live in secluded wooded areas. (which is probably why I never saw any).
Versus over here in Chicago, they live out in the open for all to see, and enjoy walking down the middle of the street during red lights tapping on your drivers side window asking for money.