The Tankers and the History Makers (NBA)

Mumbai1986

Mar 9, 2008
Arlington, VA
This could be an incredible year of REALLY bad teams in the NBA. Everyone wants Wiggins! I think it is time to keep track of of the worst record in the NBA and see if anyone can match the Bulls winning record.

Best record (72-10) Da Bulls
Lakers 1-0
Pacers 1-0
Miami 1-0

Worst Record (7-59) - Charlotte Bobcats or (9-73) - 76ers during a full 82 game season
Clippers (0-1)
Chicago (0-1)

I'll update this weekly.

Who do you think will have the worst record in the NBA this year, and who will have the best?

Last edited:

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Suns are going to have the worst. A close second will be the Magic and the Bobcats with the Milwaukee Bucks and Philadelphia 76ers not too far behind.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Suns are going to have the worst. A close second will be the Magic and the Bobcats with the Milwaukee Bucks and Philadelphia 76ers not too far behind.

The Bucks aren't that bad at all. They have a much better chance at making the playoffs then they do finishing with the worst record.

No one will come close to breaking either record. I think the 76ers will have the worst record and the Heat will have the best record.

Also - OP please edit the best record section to include Miami, TIA.

Mumbai1986

Mar 9, 2008
Arlington, VA
The Bucks aren't that bad at all. They have a much better chance at making the playoffs then they do finishing with the worst record.

No one will come close to breaking either record. I think the 76ers will have the worst record and the Heat will have the best record.

Thanks for catching that. I think the Suns and 76ers could be really bad, nearing historic bad.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
Over under on Lakers "winning" the lottery?

It would be nice. We havent had a "name" rookie since James Worthy, and that was a trade from cleveland. We've only had 3 top 10 picks (eddie jones, bynum, worthy) since 1980 and two of those were pick 10. Every single pick except for those 3 have been late 1st rounders (20's) and 2nd rounders. Thats over 33 years! Really speaks to the excellent god like management of the lakers.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa

Actually the Bucks are pretty bad. I don't see any way they make the playoffs. You are probably right that they won't be close to the worst record. As a fan of that team I kinda want to see them finish near the bottom because that team desperately needs a star. After seeing some of the preseason games they do look pretty bad. Not enough scoring and the bench is not that good. This Bucks team is really going to struggle putting up points.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Actually the Bucks are pretty bad. I don't see any way they make the playoffs. You are probably right that they won't be close to the worst record. As a fan of that team I kinda want to see them finish near the bottom because that team desperately needs a star. After seeing some of the preseason games they do look pretty bad. Not enough scoring and the bench is not that good. This Bucks team is really going to struggle putting up points.

I won't argue that the Bucks are going to be good, just relative to the other bad teams, the Bucks are a cut above. I think they'll be in the race for the 8th playoff spot in the East right up until the end of the year.

Mumbai1986

Mar 9, 2008
Arlington, VA
I won't argue that the Bucks are going to be good, just relative to the other bad teams, the Bucks are a cut above. I think they'll be in the race for the 8th playoff spot in the East right up until the end of the year.

The Bucks are that one team where I wander why they don't just trade away all their good players and tank for the sake of the franchise. yes, getting into the playoffs is good, but if you are going to be a perennial 8 seed, you will never get a great draft pick.

Also, why the HELL do they keep drafting or signing Power Forwards/ Centers?

This is who they have on their roster

Giannis Antentknirfjlf (However the hell you spell that last name)
John Henson
Ersan Ilyasova
Larry Sanders!
Ekpe Udoh
Zaza Pachulia
Miroslav Radlujicav

Just don't make no sense!

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Seems like the NBA these days is all about which teams and cities can attract a "Big 3". Usually one star drafted and two more coming in free agency/trade to make a championship run.

If your team/city/coach isn't sexy enough to attract those free agents then you end up losing your stars to teams that fit those requirements.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
Seems like the NBA these days is all about which teams and cities can attract a "Big 3". Usually one star drafted and two more coming in free agency/trade to make a championship run.

If your team/city/coach isn't sexy enough to attract those free agents then you end up losing your stars to teams that fit those requirements.

I will disagree. OKC San Antonio, Chicago, ect ect have built their teams through the draft. The only teams that went the free agency route and had success is the Heat and Celtics. Using the San Antonio model will yeild more long term success than the Heat route.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
The Bucks are that one team where I wander why they don't just trade away all their good players and tank for the sake of the franchise. yes, getting into the playoffs is good, but if you are going to be a perennial 8 seed, you will never get a great draft pick.

John Henson
Ersan Ilyasova
Larry Sanders!
Ekpe Udoh
Zaza Pachulia
Miroslav Radlujicav

Herb Kohl doesn't want to tank, he wants to "compete" every year. Which is how they get stuck in the no man's land of competing for the last playoff spot each year. He owns the team, so he can do what he wants, but I don't see how they ever make any long term progress that way. As for why they have so many PF's, I have no idea. I don't get their strategy there either, the only thing I can think of is that they were just grabbing the best available assets this summer and they are going to try to flip some of them as the season goes on.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I will disagree. OKC San Antonio, Chicago, ect ect have built their teams through the draft. The only teams that went the free agency route and had success is the Heat and Celtics. Using the San Antonio model will yeild more long term success than the Heat route.

San Antonio hasn't won a title in six years, Miami will be going for their fourth since '06 this season. Both the Heat and the Celtics had the homegrown star (Wade and Pierce) that made them an appealing option for other free agents. So in both cases you need to draft a truly elite player and then either through other draft picks or free agency surround him with other all-star level talent. The Spurs route also includes being able to find all star talent (Parker and Ginobili) with late draft picks, there's a lot of luck that goes into that.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa

John Henson
Ersan Ilyasova
Larry Sanders!
Ekpe Udoh
Zaza Pachulia
Miroslav Radlujicav

A lot of the good players are very young. This is the first year I feel we have potential to tank. I would love for them to just start tanking and build around Henson and Sanders. Also, love what I have seen from Giannis so far and I think he has star potential. Jennings and Ellis were garbage and not having them around will be nice. Both of these guys seemed to decide the fate of the team night in and night out. Now I just hope for Wiggins!

As for the bolded part, that is an excellent question. Our GM and Owner both have a hard on for post players.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
A lot of the good players are very young. This is the first year I feel we have potential to tank. I would love for them to just start tanking and build around Henson and Sanders. Also, love what I have seen from Giannis so far and I think he has star potential. Jennings and Ellis were garbage and not having them around will be nice. Both of these guys seemed to decide the fate of the team night in and night out. Now I just hope for Wiggins!

As for the bolded part, that is an excellent question. Our GM and Owner both have a hard on for post players.

First time Ive ever heard the bucks and we in the same sentance. didnt know anyone claimed them.