Cool new Police Tech

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
That's fairly cool. Everyone knows pulling people over is just a money grab though. This is an assault on my freedom. And so on and so forth.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I saw this a few nights ago, kind of amazed they didn't come out with this sooner (decade ago).

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
I am curious how they stick, especially in bad weather. Magnets can't be a guaranteed stick with all the plastic and glass on a car. Whatever, I am sure someone will sue for damages to their car from one of these.

Isn't it cheaper to just shoot out the tires?:jimlad:

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I had this idea years ago when I had my first paintball gun. I KNEW I should have contacted that patent attorney :realmad:

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
I wonder what the range is with them.

Doesn't look like very far based on the video.

I think that the idea is great, but I also think it will be fairly easy to beat too with this news and video getting out to the public. All somebody has to do is stop and look at the back of their vehicle after the cops have backed down and pull the device off and they're home free again.

Also, based on that video I think the "thud" that it makes when it hits the car would be pretty noticeable.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
Doesn't look like very far based on the video.

I think that the idea is great, but I also think it will be fairly easy to beat too with this news and video getting out to the public. All somebody has to do is stop and look at the back of their vehicle after the cops have backed down and pull the device off and they're home free again.

Also, based on that video I think the "thud" that it makes when it hits the car would be pretty noticeable.

You're giving criminals way too much credit. I don't remember much from law school but I do remember that criminals are notoriously stupid.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
The technology is great. What made me snort my Dr. Pepper through my nose was the sidebar on the right with the related story: "No one can catch this runaway pig." Gotta love cop/pig references on news sites.

Help Support Us

Become a patron