Tommy Mister reconfirms he is coming to ISU

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I think a lot of our best recruits have signed on because they knew we NEED them. That should be even more apparent now.
They want to be the ones to make the big steps with the program.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Sweet. Glad to see we are getting commitments, from commitments. Hopefully he recomits in the spring as well.

Nuts4Cy

Mar 21, 2006
Committed but still going to visit Michigan State, Syracuse and Indiana. I heard recently that Syracuse was off the table, but Michigan State was still very much in the picture.

Good thing Chizik isn't here. If he were committed and still taking visits, his scholarship would be cut loose already. Hope he sticks it out. Would love to see him in the ISU backfield in the coming years.

When was the last time we got an athlete from Illinois or out of Chicago?

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Took me a second too, I think he means Brian Kelly

Not a big Chip fan either but you're right, I meant Brian.

“When I went to Notre Dame, I was amazed with the things that they have,” Mister said. “I’ve been there maybe seven times — and never met the head coach.

“This guy wants me to play for him, but he never met me. I didn’t feel at home.”

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
“I texted him (Lazard) after his Notre Dame visit. He said it was nice, but not like Iowa State. When we say we’re all-in, we’re all-in.â€￾

Now that is legit.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Committed but still going to visit Michigan State, Syracuse and Indiana. I heard recently that Syracuse was off the table, but Michigan State was still very much in the picture.

Good thing Chizik isn't here. If he were committed and still taking visits, his scholarship would be cut loose already. Hope he sticks it out. Would love to see him in the ISU backfield in the coming years.

When was the last time we got an athlete from Illinois or out of Chicago?

So the words coming straight out of his mouth still aren't enough to convince you? Did you read the article? Is your source closer to the situation than Mister himself? Amazing.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
Good to see he is committed. I guess I'd like to see how strong it is when these other teams are in bowl games in December/January and Iowa State is sitting at home with a 1-11 record and fired offensive coaches, probably some that recruited him. Just sayin, he may run to greener pastures.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Sounds like the only way we don't get Mister (and Lazard) is if some earth shattering scandal hits ISU. Just hope ISU is able to turn these kids into studs! IF they can, it would go along way for CPR and future recruiting.

Nuts4Cy

Mar 21, 2006
So the words coming straight out of his mouth still aren't enough to convince you? Did you read the article? Is your source closer to the situation than Mister himself? Amazing.

No, you are not a solid committment until you stop taking your visits. And taking visits to Michigan State and Indiana qualify you as not being a solid commit. That's why recruiting experts at sites like Rivals typically don't list you as being a solid commit until you shut down your visits. With him being from Chicago, an area where we typically don't get many recruits, and in the heart of Big 10 country, he will not be a solid commit until he has taken all his visits, and stays committed to Iowa State. I hope he does.