Take this for what it's worth but...

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
"Immediate Football Help Wanted.
Apply Now for Offensive Position at ISU.
Resume Not Needed."

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I would expect staff changes. I hate that people are asking for changes midseason, but if the staff next year looks like this year I'd be questioning whether Jamie is doing his job.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
Expect staff changes at Ames, Dan McCarney to hang it up. Obviously this means D-Mac will be on our staff next year. Get ready those who wanted a new OC. :jimlad:

In all seriousness, I'd take him as defensive line coach, but I doubt that will happen.

My guess is Rhoads will dismiss Mess and maybe Bleil at the end of the season. Don't really see him making any changes on defense.

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
Interesting. Never seen this site. Any credibility, or is it Bleacher Report II?

Mac is only 59 and has North Texas a game away from bowling. If he steps down, I highly doubt he will take another job. Would probably just hang it up.

Last edited:

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Part of me thinks that Wally may hang it up after this year and then the reins would be passed to Shane.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Danny Mac coming to be our OC.
Dan McCarney is/was a defensive coach
I would expect staff changes. I hate that people are asking for changes midseason, but if the staff next year looks like this year I'd be questioning whether Jamie is doing his job.
Jamie's not Jerry Jones. CPR controls his own staff.

Reactions: Angie

CykoAGR

Dec 16, 2008
Waukee, IA

I agree. I dont see any way that JP would let CPR hold on to Mess (maybe others). As the AD he is in a position to force things to happen if staying the same will result in fan apathy. I dont see any way that he could expect to sellout season tickets again without changes.

Im sure its been discussed a thousand times but if you know that you are going to let the OC go at the end of the year then why do you let him keep calling the plays?

We already had Herman eff the Pin Stripe Bowl up because "he wasnt focused". Messingham might be slow but he has to realize that he is out, what incentive does he have to give a #@$% now?

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
I wonder if Mac will be done coaching entirely or just done being a HC. I could love to have him back as a DL coach.

I would take the at a minimum remark to mean at least 1 guy is gone. Probably more.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I agree. I dont see any way that JP would let CPR hold on to Mess (maybe others). As the AD he is in a position to force things to happen if staying the same will result in fan apathy. I dont see any way that he could expect to sellout season tickets again without changes.

Im sure its been discussed a thousand times but if you know that you are going to let the OC go at the end of the year then why do you let him keep calling the plays?

We already had Herman eff the Pin Stripe Bowl up because "he wasnt focused". Messingham might be slow but he has to realize that he is out, what incentive does he have to give a #@$% now?

The next job. If he outright tanked the rest of his time here, word gets out in the coaching community (potentially) that he's not really all in with the teams he coaches, and that probably doesn't help his case to be employed anywhere.

kberyldial

Mar 20, 2006
I don't see a single thing in that article other than obvious things that are repeatedly discussed or really obvious things that would be a surprise to no one. "We think Pat Haden is likely doing due diligence on several candidates and will move quickly once the season ends to fill the position." That is some kind of insight.

CykoAGR

Dec 16, 2008
Waukee, IA
Dan McCarney is/was a defensive coach

Jamie's not Jerry Jones. CPR controls his own staff.

Meh, I believe that if for some reason that CPR was adimant on sticking with coach XYZ and JP knew that if this were to happen ticket sales would drop from sellout numbers back to 40-45k then I have no doubt that JP would step in.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona

Because he might want a job somewhere else? His effort level isn't something I'd be worried about.

CykoAGR

Dec 16, 2008
Waukee, IA
The next job. If he outright tanked the rest of his time here, word gets out in the coaching community (potentially) that he's not really all in with the teams he coaches, and that probably doesn't help his case to be employed anywhere.

True. Not sure he's gonna get a look at anything but position coach level anyway but I see your point. Not going to "go the extra mile" though.