Are we still running the Pistol?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyman05

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 7, 2010
I know nothing about X's and O's, but I felt like all I heard about in August was how the pistol was going to revolutionize the offense compared to last year. I still don't really know what it is, but are we still running it? If we are, why isn't it working?

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I don't think there's a suitable name for what we run...

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
We run the mess-o-****

Which is odd because sometimes when I eat bad even my **** runs. This O doesn't even do that

Last edited:

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
WTF, history jokes? This is the last straw.

I was listening to the director's comments of Les Miserables. He said that a lot of the revolutions were basically a group provoking riots and hoping that the others around them would join in. I sometimes feel that way about our fb team. Some of the players do their thing hoping the others will join in.

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio
They seem to line up in the pistol at shotgun depth then motion the rb into a standard shotgun. That way defenses are like OMG is that the pistol, nevermind they looked to the sideline and called a wr screen.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I was listening to the director's comments of Les Miserables. He said that a lot of the revolutions were basically a group provoking riots and hoping that the others around them would join in. I sometimes feel that way about our fb team. Some of the players do their thing hoping the others will join in.

Well, we know that Mess won't be a revolutionary, because he hates throwing bombs.