Terrell Clinkscales

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Four star Juco DT out of Dodge City. What are our chances of landing him? Looks like he could help out alot on the D-Line.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Bama offered him now. So all we really have to offer him is immediate playing time. That's it. We have nothing else.

We just have to convince him that he may never see the field at a school like Bama. At ISU he'd probably be our #1 DL right away.

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
Bama offered him now. So all we really have to offer him is immediate playing time. That's it. We have nothing else.

We just have to convince him that he may never see the field at a school like Bama. At ISU he'd probably be our #1 DL right away.

IDK about this. I have a hard time seeing anyone beat out Coe for that spot.

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011

Hope you are not in sales.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Hope you are not in sales.

Ok Adam. You tell me what else ISU has to offer him that Alabama doesn't? Cold winters? Snow?

If he was guaranteed to start at both ISU or Alabama, why would he pick ISU over Alabama? Playing time is the ONLY thing we have to offer him that Alabama doesn't. You know it's true. Just admit it.

Idk, is our marching band better than Alabama's, or what?

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
You gotta be kidding me, right? Coe has been a pretty big disappointment thus far by most accounts.

Yeah...I'm hoping that's sarcasm. Coe is just not good nor should much have been expected from him. He wasn't even a factor in JC last year.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Yeah...I'm hoping that's sarcasm. Coe is just not good nor should much have been expected from him. He wasn't even a factor in JC last year.

Thank you.

I hope that poster was being sarcastic. Otherwise, they need a lesson in Football 101 I'm afraid.

DhaCheann

Mar 31, 2012
Denver, CO
Ok Adam. You tell me what else ISU has to offer him that Alabama doesn't? Cold winters? Snow?

If he was guaranteed to start at both ISU or Alabama, why would he pick ISU over Alabama? Playing time is the ONLY thing we have to offer him that Alabama doesn't. You know it's true. Just admit it.

Idk, is our marching band better than Alabama's, or what?

I'll help Adam out here. ISU has a weight room like no one else in the country, each rack is customized by Yancy that no one else in the country has. While most people look at Iowa's cold winters as a negative, it can be used as a positive. Yeahh you'd like to play in warm climates all season long, but at the next level you won't have those ideal conditions all season long, why not prepare yourself for these conditions while you're in college? Want to talk about playing time? Alabama has DT's that they've had in their system since they were true freshman, that get the schemes, and I'm sure Terrell is a stud but they're going to play a guy who's been in their program over him, so why get buried on the depth chart and be a practice player for the two years you have in college? He grew up in Chicago, so Chicago is closer to Ames than Tuscaloosa is, this way his family could watch him play. Also at ISU, it's a family atmosphere, I'm sure it's that way at Alabama as well, but Coach Rhoads really cares about each individual player and treats them like his own son..I see players at Alabama as just a number, just a temporary son to Coach Saban. Plus our academics at ISU are second to none in the country. Each player has the opportunity to have a personal tutor and all the utensils needed to earn their degree and be successful not only in football, but in life as well.

Last edited:

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
I am more worried about Texas Tech getting him. Tech's dline are all seniors so spots would be open for playing time.

I think Bama already has two DLine commits this year.

cobraclone71

Jan 3, 2011
I'll help Adam out here. ISU has a weight room like no one else in the country, each rack is customized by Yancy that no one else in the country has. While most people look at Iowa's cold winters as a negative, it can be used as a positive. Yeahh you'd like to play in warm climates all season long, but at the next level you won't have those ideal conditions all season long, why not prepare yourself for these conditions while you're in college? Want to talk about playing time? Alabama has DT's that they've had in their system since they were true freshman, that get the schemes, and I'm sure Terrell is a stud but they're going to play a guy who's been in their program over him, so why get buried on the depth chart and be a practice player for the two years you have in college? He grew up in Chicago, so Chicago is closer to Ames than Tuscaloosa is, this way his family could watch him play. Also at ISU, it's a family atmosphere, I'm sure it's that way at Alabama as well, but Coach Rhoads really cares about each individual player and treats them like his own son..I see players at Alabama as just a number, just a temporary son to Coach Saban. Plus our academics at ISU are second to none in the country. Each player has the opportunity to have a personal tutor and all the utensils needed to earn their degree and be successful not only in football, but in life as well.

Except 'Bama. :wink:

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Between ISU, KSU, Tech, and Bama as of now it seems. Does he have a timeline for deciding?

ZJohnson

Mar 27, 2006
Charlotte

Dumb. Alabama isn't going to waste a scholarship on a juco that would never see the field.

Londo

Apr 22, 2013
Wisconsin
On my phone, so I can't link but Clinkscales just tweeted and named us his current #1 choice, McDaniel, his teammate and solid Juco DB has us at least in his top 3 as well and they would like to play at the same school. This is great news