Niang Ranked as 7th best NBA prospect in Big XII

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I don't really buy that. What position is he playing in the NBA? I think Niang can make a roster but he'll get owned on the defensive side of the ball too often to be a starting player.

Last edited:

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
It's important to note, that DraftExpress excludes incoming freshman from the rankings.

Georges is good, though.

Cincyclone

Feb 5, 2012
It's important to note, that DraftExpress excludes incoming freshman from the rankings.

Georges is good, though.

Thanks for that clarification. I was wondering how one could possibly exclude Wiggins from the list.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
I don't really buy that. What position is he playing in the NBA? I think Niang can make a roster but he'll get owned on the defensive side of the ball too often to be a regular player.

That's one of the main weaknesses they list in the article.

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I don't really buy that. What position is he playing in the NBA? I think Niang can make a roster but he'll get owned on the defensive side of the ball too often to be a regular player.
He's only played one year for crying out loud. His defense will come

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
That's one of the main weaknesses they list in the article.

Yeah, I read that after I posted that. So you're telling me a guy that's likely to never see a starting lineup is the 7th best prospect in the Big 12? That's possible I guess since they aren't including freshmen.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
He's only played one year for crying out loud. His defense will come

You can't teach athleticism. There have been many great college players whose game didn't translate to the next level. It's not an insult to him.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Yeah, I read that after I posted that. So you're telling me a guy that's likely to never see a starting lineup is the 7th best prospect in the Big 12? That's possible I guess since they aren't including freshmen.

To be honest, I was a bit surprised to see him in front of Perry Ellis, Prince Ibeh, etc. I figured they'd knock his athleticism/ measureables more.

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Well, how many conferences have 7+ prospects that will start for an NBA team?

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Well, how many conferences have 7+ prospects that will start for an NBA team?

I'd imagine the Big 12 only having 10 teams distorts that. After thinking about it, if you don't include incoming freshmen which are the primary nba prospects I could see it.

Illiniclone

Jan 20, 2009
I'm a pretty big NBA fan. What NBA player do you think his game resembles?

So because you say you're a big NBA fan means you think Niang, after playing 1 year of college ball, won't be an NBA player? Where can I sign up for your newsletter?

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
So because you say you're a big NBA fan means you think Niang, after playing 1 year of college ball, won't be an NBA player? Where can I sign up for your newsletter?

Not sure why you guys are getting your panties in a bunch because I posted my opinion on a message board. I'm sure he'll be the next LeBron, except shorter, and not as athletic.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Not sure why you guys are getting your panties in a bunch because I posted my opinion on a message board. I'm sure he'll be the next LeBron, except shorter, and not as athletic.

Yes... because that's what people are saying. You're better than that Clark.