MLB: ***Official World Series Thread***

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Game 1 tonight!!

I think this will be a great series. Both teams are very evenly matched IMO. No clear favorite.

I think the Cards have a slight advantage in starting pitching. Boston has a decent advantage in the bullpen. They also have a slight advantage in the lineup.

I will be cheering for my Cardinals, but I see Boston in 7. Hopefully Im wrong.

redrocker

Sep 5, 2006
Ames - West-CY'd
I am nervous, the series with the Tigers I think the Red Sox struggled with the offense. They had some big hits to really save the game. I hope they can over come. I have the Red Sox winning in 6

Go Red Sox!

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
On paper this might be one of the best W.S. in a while (minus the St. Louis / Texas, which was amazing). Hopefully both pitching staffs keep throwing like they have, nothing like a 1-0 or 2-1 game where every pitch is intense and every screw up is magnified.

Hoping that Allen Craig is the difference maker. Not playing for 6 weeks has to be tough where your first game action is the W.S. Carlos Beltran deserves a ring, so hopefully the birds can bring their 3 title in 7 years home!!!!!

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
I would just like to see St. Louis get out of Boston with at least one win during the first two games.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I have been a Sox fan since I was 5 years old. Played for the Red Sox in Pee Wee's and have been a fan since. I thought if we got past Detroit we would win the Series. Now I am having second thoughs since the Cards are playing so well. At the same time Cards fans are probably thinking the same thing.
Go Red Sox.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
I just want to see a good series. Not a sweep like last year. I'll be cheering for the Red Sox, because I like Dustin Pedroia. **** the Cards.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
I have been a Sox fan since I was 5 years old. Played for the Red Sox in Pee Wee's and have been a fan since. I thought if we got past Detroit we would win the Series. Now I am having second thoughs since the Cards are playing so well. At the same time Cards fans are probably thinking the same thing.
Go Red Sox.

I know I would rather play the Sox than the Tigers. Detroits pitching scared me.
If the Sox win, thats great. After all the stuff they went thru, that would be great, but obviously I want the Cards to win. Should be a great series.

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
I know I would rather play the Sox than the Tigers. Detroits pitching scared me.
If the Sox win, thats great. After all the stuff they went thru, that would be great, but obviously I want the Cards to win. Should be a great series.

The thing about the Tigers though is if they were in the series, the lack of DH in the NL games would really hurt them. Their best hitter in the playoffs has been Victor Martinez who has done no catching. So they would either have to sit Fielder and put Martinez at first, not play Martinez at all and really miss his bat, or have your second-string behind the plate. I'm all for traditional, and I love baseball, but this is where the DH should either be allowed for both leagues or not allowed for either (preferably allowed, though I know there are good arguments to each side). Of course, Detroits hope would have been that the pitching would offset this.

Anyway, I'm pulling for the Bearded Bostonians, but really just hope to see a good long series.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
What's the weather looking like for the series? We've had the bottom fall out of our temperatures the last couple of days here in Chicago. My car said it was 36 on the way home from work yesterday. Anyways, it just makes me wonder if MLB is starting to consider any changes since the WS is starting so late in October anymore.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
The thing about the Tigers though is if they were in the series, the lack of DH in the NL games would really hurt them. Their best hitter in the playoffs has been Victor Martinez who has done no catching. So they would either have to sit Fielder and put Martinez at first, not play Martinez at all and really miss his bat, or have your second-string behind the plate. I'm all for traditional, and I love baseball, but this is where the DH should either be allowed for both leagues or not allowed for either (preferably allowed, though I know there are good arguments to each side). Of course, Detroits hope would have been that the pitching would offset this.

Anyway, I'm pulling for the Bearded Bostonians, but really just hope to see a good long series.

Boston will have the same problem. Where will Ortiz play in St Louis? Put him at first, sit Napoli? Or have Napoli catch?