Lichtenberg hurt; West changes positions; Pierce Richardson's career is ove

kcclones

Mar 23, 2006
Kansas City
It seems like we are having way more injuries than previous years. Anything to do with how we are training or just bad luck.

mt85

Mar 24, 2006
If Jamison is healthy I'm betting the offensive line will be Brock, Oni, Tom, Jamison, Daniel.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
What's weird is that the majority of them are coming on the offensive line. Not running backs or wide receivers or anything like that. All at the same spot - minus Jansen Watson.

AISOLHG. Doesn't quiet have the ring to it that AIRBHG does.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
So looking at the depth chart Dunning was the backup at QT & ST. If a Tackle goes down this Saturday, which this year is pretty likely, who's next in line? Or maybe it's more pertinent to ask who is left?

mt85

Mar 24, 2006
So looking at the depth chart Dunning was the backup at QT & ST. If a Tackle goes down this Saturday, which this year is pretty likely, who's next in line? Or maybe it's more pertinent to ask who is left?

My speculation is that Burton will move to tackle as long as Jamison is ready to go.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
About the only reserve left across the front is Duaron Williams. Then there's the redshirting freshmen. I hope we start getting some of the injured back soon.

West switching makes sense (and helps), with Boesen hurt. The only other scholly tight end is redshirting.

As far as (P)Richardson, I wonder which of the other "'tweeners" CW mentioned in an article earlier won't be around for their fifth year...

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
My speculation is that Burton will move to tackle as long as Jamison is ready to go.

Yeah I agree with this. Or, the thought of Loth coming in at C and moving Tom to G in a desperation scenario could happen too. Or, Loth at G and keep Tom at C. Just tossing stuff out. Regardless, the entire situation is a giant cluster right now.

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
What's weird is that the majority of them are coming on the offensive line. Not running backs or wide receivers or anything like that. All at the same spot - minus Jansen Watson.

Probably just coincidence, but does it have anything to do with linemen switching sides for the strong/quick positions? I guess I still don't understand how that would help. It seems like a lot more to adjust to and learn as far as checking what the defense is doing and know who/how to block.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Probably just coincidence, but does it have anything to do with linemen switching sides for the strong/quick positions? I guess I still don't understand how that would help. It seems like a lot more to adjust to and learn as far as checking what the defense is doing and know who/how to block.

I have no idea. My guess is that all of the O-line injuries are a coincidence. I don't read much more into it than that.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA

Serious question, but are the gaps between lineman smaller this year than we've used in the past? I know we have guys play with a hand down more often. Just seems like there might be an explanation for something Klenakis is doing that Bleil did different as far as injuries are concerned.

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
Any chance West takes some snaps this season at TE with Brun being injured? I would think he needs at least one more year to build on that 219 lb frame to be ready to play that position unless they use him purely for passing.

JDDCy

Jul 1, 2006
Has Lichtenberg been playing injured? Not to be too harsh but he has really struggled all season. I really thought moving to tackle this year would help but his pass blocking at times has been very poor.

Reactions: Aclone

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
Any chance West takes some snaps this season at TE with Brun being injured? I would think he needs at least one more year to build on that 219 lb frame to be ready to play that position unless they use him purely for passing.

That was at the beginning of the season. Based on the fact they are doing this now and Rhoads's comments I figure he's added on some weight.

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
That was at the beginning of the season. Based on the fact they are doing this now and Rhoads's comments I figure he's added on some weight.

True. I just assumed that since CW used that statistic in the article that it was up the date. I could be wrong though.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron