Do we go JUCO to replace George at MLB next year?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Nuts4Cy

Mar 21, 2006
Some of you that follow recruiting might already know this, but are we targeting a Juco kid to replace George at MLB next season? With Alton Meeks reportedly up to 260 lbs, and lack of qualty depth at LB already, do we go after a Tim Dobbins type MLB to plug the middle next year?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Sounds like a strong possibility especially if we lose a bunch more of games.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
Rhoads said last night on the call-in show that Seeley is further along than George was in year 2. He's sounded pretty excited about Seeley as the year has gone on. I personally don't see a huge need to bring in a JUCO.

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
Said White is right there too for next season, dont think JUCO at LB is a need.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Let's beef up Levi Peters and let him go crazy at MLB.

Who else can we pump up and get some playing time? Get these guys on the field and make them into robot tackling dummies. Our defense has about a hundred tackles to make each week. Spread the wealth.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Rhoads said last night on the call-in show that Seeley is further along than George was in year 2. He's sounded pretty excited about Seeley as the year has gone on. I personally don't see a huge need to bring in a JUCO.

Is that saying much? If White and Seeley are not even able to get snaps on one of the worst defenses in D1... are we supposed to count on them next year?

JUCO needed for Safety, CB, LB, DE, OL, and the right QB would be fine with me. That is if we expect to compete in the top half of the Big 12.

Last edited:

howellc33

Mar 18, 2012
Britt, IA
Who else can we pump up and get some playing time? Get these guys on the field and make them into robot tackling dummies. Our defense has about a hundred tackles to make each week. Spread the wealth.

Whether it be Seeley or a JUCO linebacker-our best option is someone who can be in position and make tackles. So many missed tackles..

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
If we can land any decent JC LBs, we need them. Next year we will have two returnees with any decent experience at all (I don't count Miller). We need to land any that we can who are good enough to play. We are recruiting them so the coaches evidently think so too.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Looking forward to seeing Alton Meeks. He looked good physically as soon as he arrived. He is going to be a stud for us.

Clones32

Mar 5, 2013
Rhoads said the same thing about Miller in regards to Knott and Klein...

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Any good JUCO guys is worth taking, and with the luck ISU has had at LB, a good JC guy would be smart to get. The problem with JC guys is if you don't get one of the best ones, than you are wasting your time and scholarship. See who Bill Snyder is after and try and steal them, that is the best bet.