Compare this years football team to Hoibergs first years Bball

ISUCyclone06

Oct 31, 2010
Greensboro, NC
All 4 losses within a score, in most cases one play changes the outcome of many games. No blowout losses, this football team is ready to turn that corner. Sam had a rough day but he's the guy and will only get better. Wimberly is back next year along with tons of talent at receiver. Don't get down on this team they are fighting hard and are building Cyclone football, this is a foundation we can build on. And CPR is our coach anyone doubting that needs to leave this site.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
All 4 losses within a score, in most cases one play changes the outcome of many games. No blowout losses, this football team is ready to turn that corner. Sam had a rough day but he's the guy and will only get better. Wimberly is back next year along with tons of talent at receiver. Don't get down on this team they are fighting hard and are building Cyclone football, this is a foundation we can build on. And CPR is our coach anyone doubting that needs to leave this site.

Um....

Year 1 vs. Year 5. In Hoiberg's second year, we had completely different players. Football vs. Basketball.

We've been ready to turn the corner since 2000.

isu83

May 5, 2010
All 4 losses within a score, in most cases one play changes the outcome of many games. No blowout losses, this football team is ready to turn that corner. Sam had a rough day but he's the guy and will only get better. Wimberly is back next year along with tons of talent at receiver. Don't get down on this team they are fighting hard and are building Cyclone football, this is a foundation we can build on. And CPR is our coach anyone doubting that needs to leave this site.[/QUO

I thought the same.

d30fan

Jul 6, 2007
It is soooo much easier to turn a bb team around. One or two players can do it.

Spam

May 21, 2008
The difference is that the Hoiberg team was unlucky that all their losses were within a score. This team has been damn lucky that their losses have been within a score. Should have been much uglier had our not tried so hard to hand us every game

ISUCyclone06

Oct 31, 2010
Greensboro, NC
There's many ways to win games, our D and special teams made plays to put us in contention. I agree it's year 5, but we are finally landing better talent because Rhoads didn't have the luxury that Hoiberg had with people knowing who he was. Rhoads is now a coach kids want to play for and talent gap is closing in the Big 12.

the new schedules made football much tougher and basketball easier. When Rhoads took over no one expected 3 bowl games in 4 years, it was a long term plan. We have gotten greedy as a fanbase. Not that expectations are bad that comes with success!

RunDMCyclone

Jun 9, 2013
12 Grimmauld Place
Um....

Year 1 vs. Year 5. In Hoiberg's second year, we had completely different players. Football vs. Basketball.

We've been ready to turn the corner since 2000.

Exactly what I was going to post when I read the original post! Plus, we have been lucky to have not been blown out in a couple games (Iowa and Tech) compared to being unlucky to lose those games.

I understand that you are trying to spin the 1-4 start into a positive, but I don't see the comparison really.