Dont look now

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
but guess who is combined for a 6-0 start and sitting on top the standings. Our record looks bad and lets face it, it is, but things will get better moving forward.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
You beat me too it. Obviously it's still early but there are three undefeated Big 12 teams and we've lost by a combined 8 points to two of them.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Not a moral victory, its a statement of fact. If ISU only wins one more game Ill be very disappointed. I think it is clear to most people that we came close to beating two good teams and there are a lot of bad teams left on the schedule.

MarkCorrigan

Sep 16, 2013
Not a moral victory, its a statement of fact. If ISU only wins one more game Ill be very disappointed. I think it is clear to most people that we came close to beating two good teams and there are a lot of bad teams left on the schedule.

The 2 teams you are referring to are 6-0 largely because 4 of their games have been against Kansas, Kansas State, and us.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013

That was a 7 point loss on the scoreboard only. They had more than double the yardage. Two of our Td's were gifts. We had one sustained scoring drive until they went prevent. We were dominated at the line of scrimmage on both sides.

Istate

Jul 15, 2008
Let me guess, you felt the same way after Iowa? Texas Tech beat our but today. The scoreboard, much like the Iowa game, did not reflect what happened on the field. Tech would have beat us by 30+ had they not made every mistake in the book. Now, the Texas game is the one game that I hold onto as having a glimmer of hope. However, Texas looked like they were practicing against ISU by trying to get McCoy throws. They could have ran for 300 yards, but they threw the ball time and again against us. The good news is that we have our best chances for a Big 12 win remaining on the schedule. The bad news is that we can't expect each team we face between now and the end of the year to have to play their back-up qb, turn the ball over, and make mistakes all game long.

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
And don't look now, but KSU is 2-4.

No one would argue that Snyder is not a great coach. When you don't have the horses, not much you can do.

But our offense just makes me want to puke. CPR was a complete idiot to promote Mess instead of getting some talent outside the program. He better wise up at year end, or he will eventually cost himself his job.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
The loss doesn't bother me as much as watching the offense show zero signs of life...again.

Texas Tech tried to hand us this game.

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
That was a 7 point loss on the scoreboard only. They had more than double the yardage. Two of our Td's were gifts. We had one sustained scoring drive until they went prevent. We were dominated at the line of scrimmage on both sides.

Yeah, that's what football is. But guess what, the 6-0 team made those mistakes. The 6-0 team turned it over. We didn't. If that's not a silver lining then I don't know what is. Like Mack Brown said, Who gives a **** if you get outplayed by a team in every category. A win is a win is a win is a win. period.

isu83

May 5, 2010
I'll take what I can get. If that is moral victories than that is what it is.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
ISU offense plays pretty well against Texas, and scores 30...outside of losing the game, the fan base was pleased with the offense. ISU has a pretty horrible day offensively and scores 35 against tech. Feels like we are back to square one.

It's like we're in some bizzaro world vortex!

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
ISU offense plays pretty well against Texas, and scores 30...outside of losing the game, the fan base was pleased with the offense. ISU has a pretty horrible day offensively and scores 35 against tech. Feels like we are back to square one.

It's like we're in some bizzaro world vortex!

How many of those touchdowns weren't direct results of defensive points, turnovers deep in their territory, or big special teams play that put us in a good position.

if you look at todays game and think our offense played well, I must have missed something or we weren't watching the same game.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
How many of those touchdowns weren't direct results of defensive points, turnovers deep in their territory, or big special teams play that put us in a good position.

if you look at todays game and think our offense played well, I must have missed something or we weren't watching the same game.

Offense was beyond horrible for certain. We've seen plenty of games where the defense slugs it out and slowly loses the attrition battle on the scoreboard because the offense CAN'T EVEN take advantage of a turnover at the opposition's 35. Yesterday certainly had that feel, but ISU was able to quickly take advantage of their special teams gaffe, and George's INT and ended up in the endzone a couple plays later. When does that ever happen?

West stepped up with a huge KR and big punt return as well, as football is a 3 phase game.

To me that's completely out of the ordinary considering ISU's recent offensive history under Rhoads, where on a bad day the team can't even score F'n garbage time points. In previous years, ISU loses this game 35-10....see OSU/UT games last year. Maybe it was an anomaly....maybe not. It was nice to get completely outplayed all day long and be within 7 with a couple minutes to go.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron