Vikings fans: Any interest in Trent Green?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jDub

Mar 23, 2006
Waukee
Based on the rollercoaster play of Jackson last year, I can't imagine the Vikes won't take a shot at signing Green. If they can get past the concussion issue, I say they take a shot at him. Their O-line is good enough that they should be able to keep him upright.

cycloneace55

Nov 22, 2006
Gardena, CA
Trent Green should have retired after he got the concussion in KC. He is one hit away from serious injury, and not worth the veteran minimum he would command or the roster spot he would take up.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I really love Trent, as a KC fan. But the guy really needs to retire before his head gets taken clean off.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
I don't see the harm in bringing in Trent as a backup QB, similar to what the Cowboys did with Brad Johnson this year.

redrocker

Sep 5, 2006
Ames - West-CY'd
Green needs to retire. I was a big fan of his in KC, and after that hit, he needed to hang it up. He has a face for TV and should go that direction if he wants to stay involved with the NFL, or football in general.

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
definitely not. He's way to much of a risk factor with the whole concussion thing. He's seen his best years and now it's time for him to hang it up and move on.

I tend to agree with another poster about possibly McNabb. But they do need to find someone as QB is their weak spot for right now.

cowboycurtis

Jul 20, 2006
I heard several reporters say that Jackson is the Vikings QB and it is going to stay that way. Vikings coaches think he is going to be great someday. I am a vikes fan so hopefully someday soon!

jDub

Mar 23, 2006
Waukee
Jackson just needs some more time to develop. I just hope they can find someone to fill in for a year or two until he's ready.

I think he has the potential to be great some day, my fear is that while the rest of the team (outside of the WR's) is ready to make a run now our QB (and WR's) are holding us back. By the time he's ready, I'm afraid we will have lost some of the guys on our O-line and defense.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
I heard several reporters say that Jackson is the Vikings QB and it is going to stay that way. Vikings coaches think he is going to be great someday. I am a vikes fan so hopefully someday soon!

They say that they are going to sitck with him, and that he is and will be the quarterback for the Vikes. IMO bad choice. He is never going to be good enough to take a team to the superbowl. I believe this decision to stick with him is eventually going to cost the coach and quarterbacks their jobs. I really hope he proves me wrong, as I too am a Vikes fan, I just don't see it happening. The passing game is clearly the worst part of their offense. Some of that could be from lack of a playmaker at wide receiver, but I think most of it rests on Jackson's shoulders

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
I think he has the potential to be great some day, my fear is that while the rest of the team (outside of the WR's) is ready to make a run now our QB (and WR's) are holding us back. By the time he's ready, I'm afraid we will have lost some of the guys on our O-line and defense.

You could be right I'm afraid. Jackson's aerial game was definitely no threat to opposing defenses. That became evident toward the end of the season when defenses adjusted on Peterson and shut him down. We need a QB now that will make the defense respect the pass again.

MrGreg

Oct 18, 2006
Jackson made a lot of improvements throughout last year, give him some WRs and TE and he'll be fine. Unless the Vikes pick up someone like McNabb, I want Jackson to start.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
If the goal is to win the Super Bowl, I don't think TJ is the answer. Does not learn from mistakes, at least from what we have seen so far (the jump passes for INTs in particular). If Dante, twice the talent level, could not do it I'm afraid TJack is an uphill battle.

CycloneTony

Nov 3, 2007
Indianola
If tavaris had recievers who could handle the ball and he would quit throwing it at peoples feet it may be a different story. Trent stay far away from the dome.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Trent Green is not the answer. I also don't think he would help TJax anymore than the coaches and players already there.

Boony

Dec 14, 2007
Boone River
Please NO Trent Green! He would be no upgrade from TJac--at the most he could be a backup. The jury is still out on TJac, but party is over for TGreen.