Apparently, not a lot of chicken in that nugget

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
This information gets posted around the web or reported on a lot, and I've never once read it. Love me some McNuggets and rather not know.

ignorance is bliss.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
McNuggets have always been awful, the real travesty is Burger King got rid of Chicken Tenders in favor of a more McNugget like product.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
We need to thank Mcdonalds for using every part of the chicken instead of wasting it. Good job Micky d's

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
they tested two nuggets from select restaurants. Not exactly the best research.

Though I'm not really surprised or concerned. Muscle tissue (you know, meat), skin, and blood vessels are all things you'd find on whole cuts of chicken too.

Last edited:
Reactions: cmjh10 and MNCYWX

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I guess I'll never understand these kind of reports. It's McDonald's, not Ruth's Chris steak house. You are getting a box of fried chicken parts for $5, what do you expect? What does anyone expect? It's real food, it's all chicken, so what's the fuss? The fact that people still get in an uproar over this completely blows me away. (I'm speaking more about our local news media who was all over this this morning more than anyone else here.) "Your government is a ball of **** flying towards a fan, don't mind that though, there are chicken "parts" in McNuggets!"

"PEOPLE, MCDONALD'S IS NOT GOOD FOR YOU!" If you like it, go ahead and eat it, but don't act like you just found out your spinach salad was a deep fried alfredo ball."

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I guess I'll never understand these kind of reports. It's McDonald's, not Ruth's Chris steak house. You are getting a box of fried chicken parts for $5, what do you expect? What does anyone expect? It's real food, it's all chicken, so what's the fuss? The fact that people still get in an uproar over this completely blows me away. (I'm speaking more about our local news media who was all over this this morning more than anyone else here.) "Your government is a ball of **** flying towards a fan, don't mind that though, there are chicken "parts" in McNuggets!"

"PEOPLE, MCDONALD'S IS NOT GOOD FOR YOU!" If you like it, go ahead and eat it, but don't act like you just found out your spinach salad was a deep fried alfredo ball."
Where can I get a deep fried Alfredo ball?!?!

Heilsqauvador

Aug 21, 2011
Hampton, IA

Though I'm not really surprised or concerned. Muscle tissue (you know, meat), skin, and blood vessels are all things you'd find on whole cuts of chicken too.

Im sure a sample size of two McNuggets made it really reliable too...

Not that McNuggets aren't gross.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Which state fair will offer this first, Minnesota or Texas? I bet Texas.

Since deep fried macaroni and cheese already exists, it's hard to believe it hasn't been tried. Although Shrimp Fettuccine Alredo on a stick sounds like a winner. 3 large shrimp on a stick, wrap those in Fettuccine noodles, dip it in Alfredo sace, then some crumbs to bind it and FRY! I think I have dinner for tonight!!

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I don't think I've actually ever had a McNugget. Chicken nuggets, yes, but not the infamous McNugget.

They are like a chicken nugget from anywhere else, but fortified with heartburn, mud butt, and do-do smells worse.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines

The 6 piece must have been too pricey for them.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron