Hats off to our team

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
Honestly didn't think we would compete in many games after watching us against uni and Iowa. This team could have folded and I think many would. We've shown great resiliency and improvement the last two weeks. Texas is down but we played a hell of a game. The team will continue to improve and be competitive. Tech is a huge game for us, as Rhoads teams have a tendency to get beat up on after emotional defeats. No games are must win any more as postseason is unlikely, but after 2 weeks this year I didn't think I would get too excited about watching us the rest of the year. The last two weeks have changed that for me and I look forward to seeing how much we can improve as the season progresses.

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
i'm still as upset as anyone, but what's done is done. focus on the many negatives or focus on the positives. we have a good core of guys-sam has taken major steps the last 2 weeks and he is still just a sophomore. bundrage needs no explanation and is a sophomore. lots of young guys on the o line getting pt and improving week to week.

bgprest

Aug 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I think we should go out and take at least five Big 12 games, go to a bowl game, and really spite those ref's.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Honestly didn't think we would compete in many games after watching us against uni and Iowa. This team could have folded and I think many would. We've shown great resiliency and improvement the last two weeks. Texas is down but we played a hell of a game. The team will continue to improve and be competitive. Tech is a huge game for us, as Rhoads teams have a tendency to get beat up on after emotional defeats. No games are must win any more as postseason is unlikely, but after 2 weeks this year I didn't think I would get too excited about watching us the rest of the year. The last two weeks have changed that for me and I look forward to seeing how much we can improve as the season progresses.

Hats off to our fan base too. A friend and I attended our first game at Trice since the mid 80's. I'm an alum but haven't lived in the Midwest for a long time. First thing is that tailgating scene is pretty impressive. I can't even imagine what it's like on a normal Saturday game day. Second thing is from my perspective (remember I haven't been back for a long time) is that the stadium looks pretty good. No it's not perfect, but the video board, the concourses and the new exterior fences were money wisely spent. It's certainly a respectable D1 stadium facility. Atmosphere was great. That brings me to my third and final point. Glad we're an engineering school, because when that upper deck gets shaking, it's a little disconcerting.

Oh and one final thing, got to say hello to CW and thank him and his colleagues for this great site!

decyner

Oct 11, 2012
After watching sports center and the Jeremiah George strip and score, I think that the three Texas coaches hovering over the referee had something to do with the final call. Iowa State is a great place with great players and coaches that continue to improve and compete, proud to be one and proud of our performance. I also lost a lot of respect for Mack Brown and his comments about the game tonight. The laundry on the field helped them out tremendously. I agree we improved and makes me excited for the rest of the season and upcoming seasons. Finally, I think we are great fans with great students that attend our university. I live in Ames and work for the university and can contest that the students our very respectful towards one another and others in the community. Always Proud to be a Cyclone Win Lose or short changed.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I wasn't sure what the team could muster after those first two games.

I'm abounding with respect for the way that they've stepped it up, pulled together, and improved all along the way.
That win vs. Texas got me excited for football again. I can't wait to see just what our guys can do the rest of the way.

johnwayne

Sep 2, 2012
I wonder what would happen next weekend if Texas has the exact same play happen in the exact same situation against Oklahoma. Guarenteed the call would be overturned.

Just look at the tosu touchdown that was reviewed. Looked like he was down by contact..but reached the ball almost over the goal line and got a score..What would have been the call if someone snatched the ball from his hand..

ILiftWithRoyce

Feb 6, 2012
Ankeny
Maybe I just never run out of Koolaid, but I think a bowl game is still possible. Definitely NOT probable, but definitely possible. Wins against KU, KSU, Tech, WV, OSU and maybe TCU are not unrealistic. Its a very long shot that we would win all of these, but we have a team that I think could keep us close against all of these teams. I'm still expecting at least 3 more wins this year.

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio
This was a rebuilding year from the start. It's about watching a young team grow, and seeing who's going to make a name for themselves. As long as they don't play like they did in the first two games the rest of the year, I'll be happy.

Redman97

Jul 31, 2011
Iowa City

Well said. Texas Tech game is a great opportunity.

FanatiClone

Sep 26, 2012
wherever i go, there i am
I must be a glutton for punishment because I just watched the game for the third time...caught it on the Longhorn Network. They must be awfully proud of the win b/c the game has been replayed over and over on that station. Anyway, the more I watch, the more I realize how we outplayed them in just about every aspect of the game. Even though the scoreboard shows otherwise...ISU won that game. I'm ready to put this one to rest now, but not without repeating the title of this thread one more time. HATS OFF TO OUR TEAM for their effort and passionate play. In all reality, I watched the game again b/c it was an encouraging and entertaining game.............aside from the final 2 and a half minutes. Time for me to move on, tho. Bring on TT!!!

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I think a lot of the offensive improvements have come from opponents with bad defenses.

I'd say it's a mix of both. I've noticed we're actually adjusting to what the defenses give us. And not moving away from stuff thats working, playing to our strengths. Plus the playcalling has been a bit more fluid and an improvement, still some questionable play calls, but certainly not to the level we saw the first two games. I wouldn't necessarily say Texas' defense is worse than UNI's or Iowa's. They have athletes out there. Tulsa's defense is definitely questionable.

FanatiClone

Sep 26, 2012
wherever i go, there i am
I think a lot of the offensive improvements have come from opponents with bad defenses.

Perhaps you are right in that the offensive improvements have come against fairly weak defenses. However, that doesn't negate the improvements of ISU's offense for the simple reason that neither UNI's nor Iowa's defenses were stronger than Texas'. Why is it so difficult to admit IMPROVEMENT. We're not setting the world on fire, but we're getting better. Can you deny that? If you can, I gotta ask what team you're watching. There is no doubt. You gotta start from where you are and ISU is building...getting better. Not there yet, but better. Admit it. You'll feel a little better if you do. The truth shall set you free, Daseropski...Daseropmeister...Daseropster!