Injury Update?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cuphues

Aug 5, 2011
Dallas
Does anyone have an update on Watson and QB Sam Richardson? Know Richardson stated ankle was very sore post game during Friday interviews. Never heard how bad Jansen Watson was hurt. In my opinion we really need Watson healthy for Tech game next week. Tech's passing game is much better than UT's.

I realize Nigel Tribune is young and talented, but he was a deer in the headlights versus Mike Davis before we switched Sam E Richardson on him. We need Watson out there instead of Tribune. Also, how much did Charlie Rogers play Thursday night? I think a key matchup versus Tech will be Brackens/Rogers against Jace Amaro, perhaps the best tight end in the Big 12.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
I saw SBR at Hickory Park yesterday and it looked like he could barely walk. He wasn't in a boot or on crutches though so that was a good thing.

WaverlyCy

Oct 12, 2010
Ran into Sam earlier today at scheels. Said the ankle was feeling "pretty good". He was not noticely limping at all - was walking around just fine. Said the boys are ready to get after tech and put the texas game behind them.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
Ran into Sam earlier today at scheels. Said the ankle was feeling "pretty good". He was not noticely limping at all - was walking around just fine. Said the boys are ready to get after tech and put the texas game behind them.

Good news. I really hope his ankle isn't something that will linger all year

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Good news. I really hope his ankle isn't something that will linger all year

The good thing is that it seemed pretty perfect for much of the game. If the injury late in the game was just a tweak, he should be fine. If it was a new injury, then we could be in trouble.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Isn't that the exact same injury as Lalk and Farniok? I think we need to invest in some better knee braces.

Isn't it the knee braces taht are helping it be a MCL rather than an ACL?

FanatiClone

Sep 26, 2012
wherever i go, there i am
Isn't that the exact same injury as Lalk and Farniok? I think we need to invest in some better knee braces.

Not too sure if it's the same or not. These injuries have a huge range in severity. I do know if you're gonna have a knee ligament injured, this is the one you wanna have. Rarely do people have surgery for MCL issues.

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
I dont believe boesen was wearing a brace, i could be totally wrong but i dont remember him wearing one and dont remember the time of the game when he was hurt to replay it.

cuphues

Aug 5, 2011
Dallas
Nobody has answered my initial question of Jansen Watson's injury status. How bad is he hurt and will he be back for the Tech game?