New Motorola Moto X...very interesting

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
Has anybody gotten this phone? I'm looking at upgrading this is one I'm looking pretty hard at.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
":Moto X does not utilize a skin like other Android smartphones, but Google does allow carriers to add pre-loaded apps and other software"

Thanks a lot Google. Jerks.

Root.

cyclonetrent

Feb 27, 2011
Johnston
I have the Droid Maxx, which is essentially a Moto X but with a 5" screen (and a 48 hour battery life!!!!) and I have had no problems with it so far, would definitely recommend it.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
The issue with voice activation continues to be the fact that you have to be somewhere that you can actually talk out loud. It really ends up being pretty limited. Clever, like Siri, but limited.

cyclonetrent

Feb 27, 2011
Johnston
The issue with voice activation continues to be the fact that you have to be somewhere that you can actually talk out loud. It really ends up being pretty limited. Clever, like Siri, but limited.

True, I hardly ever use the voice activation outside of driving.

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
":Moto X does not utilize a skin like other Android smartphones, but Google does allow carriers to add pre-loaded apps and other software"

Thanks a lot Google. Jerks.

Root.

That is one of the reasons why I am considering it, the fact that it doesn't have an Android skin. It's basically as close as stock android that you can get without buying a Nexus or rooting. Rooting may not cause as many issues as it used to, more times than not it seems like rooting causes a lot of glitching

I have the Droid Maxx, which is essentially a Moto X but with a 5" screen (and a 48 hour battery life!!!!) and I have had no problems with it so far, would definitely recommend it.

I looked pretty hard at the Maxx but the $300 price tag turns me off a little bit. The extra battery life would be nice, but I charge my phone pretty much every night anyway so I'm not sure if its worth the extra $100 to me.

I have been doing some reading on the new LG phone as well. It got better reviews than the new iphones on a couple of sites I have read. Just can't decide where I want to go.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Great phone. Love mine so far, excellent battery life and handy features. 16 GB total storage is the only drawback I can see so far.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I had a RAZR Maxx, well three of them. Never again. I should have learned my Motorola lesson the first time but I didn't.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
That is one of the reasons why I am considering it, the fact that it doesn't have an Android skin. It's basically as close as stock android that you can get without buying a Nexus or rooting. Rooting may not cause as many issues as it used to, more times than not it seems like rooting causes a lot of glitching

I looked pretty hard at the Maxx but the $300 price tag turns me off a little bit. The extra battery life would be nice, but I charge my phone pretty much every night anyway so I'm not sure if its worth the extra $100 to me.

I have been doing some reading on the new LG phone as well. It got better reviews than the new iphones on a couple of sites I have read. Just can't decide where I want to go.

I was focusing on the pre-load software and apps. I hate that. I do like the plain jane android. Thats attractive.

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
I actually picked one up on Friday and I love it. The one major issue I have so far is having to unlock the phone for it to carry out your hands free command, kinda defeats the purpose. Otherwise it works well.

The only other issue thus far is they removed the "increasing volume" option from the alarm clock which is a minor gripe at most.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I have been looking hard at this phone the past couple of months. I think I am going to pull the trigger, especially since US Cellular must have just lowered the price of it to $99 (was $199)

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
I have been looking hard at this phone the past couple of months. I think I am going to pull the trigger, especially since US Cellular must have just lowered the price of it to $99 (was $199)

Deffinately worth $99. I paid $189 with Verizon and don't feel short changed.

isu22andy

Sep 17, 2012
I had a RAZR Maxx, well three of them. Never again. I should have learned my Motorola lesson the first time but I didn't.
Odd, I love mine and have had it over a year and 4 months. Works pretty much flawlessly and battery life is great. Its been dropped multiple times in various welch establishments also.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron