Clayton Custer

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
I feel like this guy needs more attention on this board since he is the only one who has committed in the 2014 class so far. I can't wait to see this guy play for us (hopefully alongside with Vaughn and Cunningham)

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Well this is nice.

I, too, am extremely excited to get Custer to Ames. Got to love a kid who commits early and sticks with it.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
My prediction is that Custer's ceiling is solid starter, his floor solid backup, which depending on his development and who else we have at PG year to year. Either way, gotta like having that for the next 4 years.

Cincyclone

Feb 5, 2012
I have a hunch Custer will be one of those guys other fan bases despise and will say, "how hasn't he graduated yet". Color me excited for some Custer!

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
I have a hunch Custer will be one of those guys other fan bases despise and will say, "how hasn't he graduated yet". Color me excited for some Custer!

Agreed, I have a hunch he's going to be hard to keep off the floor, because of how he'll run the offense. I can't wait for the next few years regardless.

LostinIowaCity

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 15, 2011
Ames, IA
I see Custer as having a Ejim-like role for the team. Clearly they play very different positions, but Ejim makes the team work. If we don't have a guy that can guard someone a lot bigger than him, we're a much worse team last year. If Ejim doesn't lead the Big 12 in rebounding, we're a much worse team last year.

Custer will find ways to make everyone around him better. Maybe it's by being a lock-down defender, extra ball-handler on the floor, making the right pass, or creating his own shot. Whatever it is, I can really see him as a guy that pulls the team together. I'm not expecting this as a freshman or sophomore, but as an upperclassman I can really see him being a glue guy for the team.

Dingus

May 23, 2013

Plus he's white. White dudes seem to have a leg up on be labeled fan favorite or most despised.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Break out the avatars.
I've had mine for A LONG time now. My nephew goes to Blue Vally NW High School and is good friends with Clayton. Can't wait to see CC in a Cyclone uniform!