#25 Iowa State at Iowa at 7;00 Tonight

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Should be a 3-0 sweep for us - I doubt there is a single player on the Hawkeye squad that CJL would offer a scholarship to. Iowa is a down program, and the Big 10 is the wrong VB conference to be in if you're down. Sharon Dingman's last year there, IMO.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Should be a 3-0 sweep for us - I doubt there is a single player on the Hawkeye squad that CJL would offer a scholarship to. Iowa is a down program, and the Big 10 is the wrong VB conference to be in if you're down. Sharon Dingman's last year there, IMO.

I assume you've been reading the volleytalk thread about her? I'm split. Obviously, what CJL did with our program is amazing - I just don't know if it can be done at Iowa. UNI was the only other in-state competition, Nebby and Texas were the only perennial powers in our conference at the time...........I think Iowa has a lot bigger hill to climb. Because now there's two nationally-ranked (usually) programs in-state (plus all the regular competition for top Iowa recruits that go out of state) and their conference is just stacked. They might fire her, but I can't see that they would care enough to dump in the resources needed to make the turnaround for their program.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin

Hope so. But we are still finding our feet and it is and in-state thingy at their place. Free tickets available?
3-1 is my guess.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Hope so. But we are still finding our feet and it is and in-state thingy at their place. Free tickets available?
3-1 is my guess.

Go to Carver and support the team but no free tix as far as I could see...unless...
Saturday, September 21 vs. Iowa State -- 7:00 pm
BLACKOUT MATCH - All fans are asked to wear Black!
FREE admission with football ticket stub from the Western Michigan game
FREE black shirts for the first 250 fans in the doors
Kids Zone featuring giant board games
Autographs after the match

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
That backrow spike from Bigbee was a huge shot! If she can get her serve to work well and handle the ball, that's a real weapon we havn't seen.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
That backrow spike from Bigbee was a huge shot! If she can get her serve to work well and handle the ball, that's a real weapon we havn't seen.

Just, just take it easy, Walter! Ha! For the record, I'm very disappointed that Cyclones Tv isnt showing this game!! It's a travesty!

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I assume you've been reading the volleytalk thread about her? I'm split. Obviously, what CJL did with our program is amazing - I just don't know if it can be done at Iowa. UNI was the only other in-state competition, Nebby and Texas were the only perennial powers in our conference at the time...........I think Iowa has a lot bigger hill to climb. Because now there's two nationally-ranked (usually) programs in-state (plus all the regular competition for top Iowa recruits that go out of state) and their conference is just stacked. They might fire her, but I can't see that they would care enough to dump in the resources needed to make the turnaround for their program.
I don't see why they wouldn't. They want to win, just like us. I believe it's the last year of her contract. Although the Big 10 is very tough, there's no reason they couldn't hire an exceptional coach. If CJL had gone to Iowa from Wisconsin, instead of ISU, no question they'd be good...

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
I've found for wrestling and volleyball coverage, getting the CBS Sports All Access package allows you to see most events on the road. Worth it, unless you don't want to see something, like the way we are playing in Set 2.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Thank you...that sucks. What I've seen from this team is that they have a long way to go. Not seeing tonight, of course.