Rush Probst E:60

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
Anyone else watch the ESPN E:60 on Rush Probst, the old Hoover, AL high school coach that won several state championships in a row?

I remember actually watching that MTV reality show about his team and push to the state championship many years ago.

Never realized the dude was such a scumbag. Had a wife and three kids, then had a second family and three kids with a mistress all at the same time and pretty much in the same community.

ISU connection? I remember someone brought him to Ames to speak to the football team. Was that Mac or Chiz?

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
The guy seemed to own up to his mistakes and didn't make any excuses so I'll give him that. Seems to be doing better now, for his sake I hope it continues.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I loved that show on MTV "2-a-days" I think it was called?
So much better than the crap they have on there these days.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I loved that show on MTV "2-a-days" I think it was called?
So much better than the crap they have on there these days.

Such a great show. That was pretty intriguing to watch what he was balancing while running that program too

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
He was one of the speakers at the ISU FB coaches clinic during Chizik's first spring here.

MntneerLegion

Dec 16, 2011
The guy seemed to own up to his mistakes and didn't make any excuses so I'll give him that. Seems to be doing better now, for his sake I hope it continues.

Saw it. He was definitely a ***** before he got caught and got cancer but I agree above. Guy said he has thousands of regrets. Watching his demeanor when he was talking I believe him. He's now married to and taking care of the second family and his oldest son from the first marriage has moved in with him so he can play football for him.

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I'll admit to actually buying the first season of "Two-A-Days" on DVD. It was appointment viewing with a few friends while I was in undergrad. Intriguing to see the bigger picture of what was going on behind the scenes for the facade he had up in that show with his players.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
2 a days and the show on Espn Playmakers were my two favorites growing up playing football.

RunDMCyclone

Jun 9, 2013
12 Grimmauld Place
I'll admit to actually buying the first season of "Two-A-Days" on DVD. It was appointment viewing with a few friends while I was in undergrad. Intriguing to see the bigger picture of what was going on behind the scenes for the facade he had up in that show with his players.

I recall you watching it every week on a 30 year old TV with dials to change the stations!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron