Woody ??

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

tubimjf

Sep 12, 2010
I really miss Jeff Woody. He would al least be able to gain positive yardage.
Does anyone know where he went? Maybe to Illinois State with Barnett.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
I really thought Woody would get more snaps in the pistol, but that hasn't been the case. With Woody's downhill running ability a lot could be done with the triple option with Richardson, Woody, and somebody else in the back field.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Sorry he is in the NFL now. He was a package deal with Philip Bates.

Hey are there any threads about Phil playing for the Seahawks? :jimlad:

CYISFLY

Jun 30, 2009
SW Ia
Don't understand why he is not being incorporated more. I guess O coordinator enjoys going 3 and out. When he is put in the right situation, he gets postitive yards every time he touches the ball.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
James White used to pick up some yardage in key situations also. I remember he was also a team captain. Really miss those guys.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
I really miss Jeff Woody. He would al least be able to gain positive yardage.
Does anyone know where he went? Maybe to Illinois State with Barnett.

This reminds me of McCarney's last year when Ryan Kock went out and had a great game against Missouri in Mac's finale and everyone started saying, "Man, if we'd only used him that much all year," as if he was going to be able to duplicate anything approaching those results against every opponent.

He wasn't. And over the long haul, I don't think Woody would fare much better. Sometimes it seems people have visions of him gouging defenses a la Okie State in November 2011. He's a fine player who probably deserves more touches than he's getting, but he's not a feature back.

KCCLONE712

Jun 29, 2011
This reminds me of McCarney's last year when Ryan Kock went out and had a great game against Missouri in Mac's finale and everyone started saying, "Man, if we'd only used him that much all year," as if he was going to be able to duplicate anything approaching those results against every opponent.

He wasn't. And over the long haul, I don't think Woody would fare much better. Sometimes it seems people have visions of him gouging defenses a la Okie State in November 2011. He's a fine player who probably deserves more touches than he's getting, but he's not a feature back.

Man this was a great game... Probably tops the Okie State Game for me. I was still a student then and didn't go home for break to attend the game.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Terrible thread. When the defensive line is blowing up the our offensive line at the point of attack you really think Woody is going to get positive yardage? I swear, some of the posters on here..

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Man this was a great game... Probably tops the Okie State Game for me. I was still a student then and didn't go home for break to attend the game.

I've been going to Cyclone games since I was in the womb (I'm in my 30s) and that was easily the highlight of my Cyclone life. Best game ever. But when stuff like that happens people want to extrapolate it out over an entire season and it doesn't work that way.