Complete hypothetical W/L of season

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
Knowing now what you know about the teams on our schedule, but not knowing what you know now about ISU, a hypothetical (yet still optimistic) W/L of our schedule looks pretty darn good-
Stupid thread I know but it made me feel bad about where we stand because this would a be a great year to take advantage of a down schedule-
UNI- W
IA- W
@Tulsa- W
Texas- W
@Texas Tech- W
@Baylor- L
OSU- L
@KSU- W
TCU-W
@OU- L
KU-W

@WVU-W

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Ho hum. Surprise, surprise....the conference sucks but we suck worse than normal so we won't be able to do anything about it.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
We will still get some of those games, IMO. Tulsa, Kansas, TCU, Texas, Tech, K-State, and WVU are all winnable. I don't think we'll win all of them but our defense is solid and if the offense shows any improvement we'll win about four games. By no means good but better than no wins.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
I'm not sure about that, but yes if we somehow improve to be just as good as we were last year, we might get to 5 wins. I doubt that happens, though. I think 4 is probably where I'd set the over/under.

Talks about not winning a game are absolutely nuts. I honestly think Tulsa and KU are pretty easy wins for us as long as we get people healthy and keep improving.

Losing to Iowa is not the end of the world the way losing to UNI was. That is the game that hurt us.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
We will still get some of those games, IMO. Tulsa, Kansas, TCU, Texas, Tech, K-State, and WVU are all winnable. I don't think we'll win all of them but our defense is solid and if the offense shows any improvement we'll win about four games. By no means good but better than no wins.

I am in this same camp. Once OL gets healthy I am excited about what we can do. I thought D showed a bunch of improvement from game 1 to 2

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Man, if we weren't bad we'd be really good!

How good we are has unfortunately not translated to how many wins we have had in the past 4 years.

I think a lot of people, including me, were hoping to maybe get a few more wins than we were worth this year, and it turns out that we are bad enough to not be able to take advantage of a weaker schedule.

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
Cross your fingers UNI and UI go undefeated. I'm holding out for 10-2 and BCS Bowl birth baby. Kool-aid for dayz!