• Cole Netten

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • Jarvis West

Votes: 5 5.7%

• Total voters

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
Poll: best players so far

I'm not limiting the number of players you can select. Just pick the ones who've stood out to you and explain. I'm interested to see what you guys think about some of these guys so far.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Wimberly, Bundrage, Irving, Knott. Oh, and I'd also throw Brackens in there too.

Sam Richardson could make the list, but not with this OC I'm afraid. He has the potential though IMO.

Oops.. and I nearly forgot Van Der Kamp... my bad. He's the MVP of course.

Last edited:

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
As of right now, our god damn punter has the 2nd most votes. That's how you know you're rooting for a badddd team.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
I really think the poll will show that we all believe we have talent. And based on the choices here it looks like we don't have any lineman to choose from which may start to point toward our irritation along with the O-play calling. This said, I do think our third string center got better as the night went on.

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
I really think the poll will show that we all believe we have talent. And based on the choices here it looks like we don't have any lineman to choose from which may start to point toward our irritation along with the O-play calling. This said, I do think our third string center got better as the night went on.

Then again, is it really a good thing that our 3rd string center got game experience?

FanatiClone

Sep 26, 2012
wherever i go, there i am
Brackens looked good, especially considering he is new to the position. He will only get better over the years as he clearly has good instincts. Knott + 10-15 pounds = damn good for the next several years. Morrisey is going to be good, too. Has a great motor. The verdict is still out on Wimberly IMO. Obviously has great speed but needs more opportunities...the kind that will play to his strengths, not up the middle crap. Bundrage can evolve into a game changer. I know most everyone is sold on qb SR, but I'm among the minority and not sold on him yet. Granted, he does not give the ball away, but he plays very conservatively in the process. Hope I'm wrong.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Brackens looked good, especially considering he is new to the position. He will only get better over the years as he clearly has good instincts. Knott + 10-15 pounds = damn good for the next several years. Morrisey is going to be good, too. Has a great motor. The verdict is still out on Wimberly IMO. Obviously has great speed but needs more opportunities...the kind that will play to his strengths, not up the middle crap. Bundrage can evolve into a game changer. I know most everyone is sold on qb SR, but I'm among the minority and not sold on him yet. Granted, he does not give the ball away, but he plays very conservatively in the process. Hope I'm wrong.

I agree with most of your points. It's hard to tell how good our QB and RBs are when they're playing behind a banged up offensive line that was average at best to begin with.

FanatiClone

Sep 26, 2012
I agree with most of your points. It's hard to tell how good our QB and RBs are when they're playing behind a banged up offensive line that was average at best to begin with.

Yeah, that's why the verdict is still out on AW. And I just haven't seen that swag, confidence, that a QB has that knows he has a chance in any game. Don't get me wrong, I don't blame a damn thing on SR for the lack of offensive productivity...or at least not much, but I just haven't seen "IT" from him. Maybe I'm missing something.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Yeah, that's why the verdict is still out on AW. And I just haven't seen that swag, confidence, that a QB has that knows he has a chance in any game. Don't get me wrong, I don't blame a damn thing on SR for the lack of offensive productivity...or at least not much, but I just haven't seen "IT" from him. Maybe I'm missing something.

IMO, Sam was a better QB when he was trying to win the QB job. When he came into the KU game that night, he just went out there and played backyard football and flung it all over the place. He was the 3rd string QB at the time and probably figured the only way to win the job was to go out there and show what you can do.

Now he's got the job wrapped up basically and all of the sudden he's playing ultra conservatively like he's trying to protect his job by not making any mistakes. He doesn't seem to go out there and try to win the game, but rather he tries to not lose it and not screw up.

Late in the game, with nothing to lose, he started throwing it around more and found success. We need to play all 60 minutes of a game like we're behind by 30 points IMO.

FanatiClone

Sep 26, 2012
IMO, Sam was a better QB when he was trying to win the QB job. When he came into the KU game that night, he just went out there and played backyard football and flung it all over the place. He was the 3rd string QB at the time and probably figured the only way to win the job was to go out there and show what you can do.

Now he's got the job wrapped up basically and all of the sudden he's playing ultra conservatively like he's trying to protect his job by not making any mistakes. He doesn't seem to go out there and try to win the game, but rather he tries to not lose it and not screw up.

Late in the game, with nothing to lose, he started throwing it around more and found success. We need to play all 60 minutes of a game like we're behind by 30 points IMO.

I can agree with that.

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Wimberely has played well, just not been utilized as much as he should (Mess)
Bundrage and Coleman have both been outstanding receivers this far
Knott will grow into a star if he keeps it up.
Brackens has been a pleasant surprise.
washington has been pretty good.
Van Der Kamp has been awesome.
Irving played real well last night.

Coe, Brun, Bibbs, George, White, and Johnson have been virtually non existent. Pretty sad considering there are a couple captains in there.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Wimberely has played well, just not been utilized as much as he should (Mess)
Bundrage and Coleman have both been outstanding receivers this far
Knott will grow into a star if he keeps it up.
Brackens has been a pleasant surprise.
washington has been pretty good.
Van Der Kamp has been awesome.
Irving played real well last night.

Coe, Brun, Bibbs, George, White, and Johnson have been virtually non existent. Pretty sad considering there are a couple captains in there.

What was strange to me looking at the statistics is that both White and Wimberly had more yds per carry than Weisman did.

Does this mean we didn't get them the ball enough? I don't know. Weisman only averaged 4.1 yds per carry, and as a team Iowa only averaged 3.6. But they stuck with it is the key I guess? David Johnson, on the other hand, averaged something like 7 or 8 yds per carry against us.

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
What was strange to me looking at the statistics is that both White and Wimberly had more yds per carry than Weisman did.

Does this mean we didn't get them the ball enough? I don't know. Weisman only averaged 4.1 yds per carry, and as a team Iowa only averaged 3.6. But they stuck with it is the key I guess? David Johnson, on the other hand, averaged something like 7 or 8 yds per carry against us.

It was mostly because Wimberly didn't get enough carries, but I don't know about White. Weisman's average dipped considerably in the 4th because everybody in the stadium knew they were handing him the ball and taking it up the middle every time to kill some clock. We stuck with Shontrelle for too long if you ask me.

broncocy5321

Dec 1, 2009
Clive
Van Der Kamp shouldnt get votes - he had one good punt last night - poor performances from him over the past 2 years. he needs to step it up too.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron