Any word on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Always enjoy when a couple dumbasses make the rest of our fan base look bad. You would think their locker room would be more secure.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Speaking as someone who has worked with athletic's security before, I highly doubt this. The rooms are locked by the supervisor, and security is posted in-between use, ESPECIALLY during big games.

Why you believe anything posted on Hawkeye nation is beyond me.

This makes it all the more disgusting because it is likely someone was in on it.

How high school is this? Theft from the locker room????? Between this and the stadium music I don't think we can play the "classy card" anymore.

Losers on the field and off. Just effing great.

Last edited:

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
If this story is true, then bad on Iowa State University.

But if it's just made up, then bad on whoever started this stupid rumor. Why can't Iowa fans just be happy about their victory? Why would they have to make something up just to make ISU look even worse?

Bad on people that call for ending a series based on a message board rumor.

You seriously have to be older than 75 to be as pissy as you are.

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
But I agree that couldn't be more embarassing. Ashamed if people from ISU were involved. It is hard to imagine anyone from the department were involved. That place is full of people from Pleasantville.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Yes I'm sure they did it to themselves and waited until they came to Ames to pull it off. Genius.

No. His point was "Hey guys let's say our stuff was stolen and make ISU look even worse". Assuming stuff was stolen by someone involved from ISU they should go to jail. But let's give the benefit of the doubt to our guys. With 80,000 drunk people wandering around I'm sure the locker room is probably the worst place to take something. And what do they even have worth stealing? A few hundred bucks?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
All we can hope at this point is that they find out who did this and punish them to the full extent of the law.

But we will now be the joke of college athletics. We can't even be entrusted to keep opposing teams safe and secure when they come to Ames anymore. What a joke. As an ISU alum, I'm completely embarrassed and ashamed.
Football is just a stupid game. Who cares who has the better football team. It's just a game.

But at least I've always been able to be proud of Iowa State University. But if this story is true, then it sure stings. I can't say I'm proud to be an Iowa State alum today. I hope that something can change that feeling. Pollard and Leath will really have to do a lot of damage control on this and issue a public apology to Iowa and offer them whatever assistance they need in this matter. As well as pay for damages.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
confirmed by ISU police to Marc Morehouse.

So now we wait to see how the hell this happened. I assume they wouldn't put any security camera's inside the lockerroom because opposing coaches wouldn't want the risk of ISU videotaping them. Surely they have some outside the lockerroom though right?

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
All we can hope at this point is that they find out who did this and punish them to the full extent of the law.

But we will now be the joke of college athletics
. We can't even be entrusted to keep opposing teams safe and secure when they come to Ames anymore. What a joke. As an ISU alum, I'm completely embarrassed and ashamed.
Football is just a stupid game. Who cares who has the better football team. It's just a game.

But at least I've always been able to be proud of Iowa State University. But if this story is true, then it sure stings. I can't say I'm proud to be an Iowa State alum today. I hope that something can change that feeling. Pollard and Leath will really have to do a lot of damage control on this and issue a public apology to Iowa and offer them whatever assistance they need in this matter. As well as pay for damages.

Trying too hard.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
confirmed by ISU police to Marc Morehouse.

So now we wait to see how the hell this happened. I assume they wouldn't put any security camera's inside the lockerroom because opposing coaches wouldn't want the risk of ISU videotaping them. Surely they have some outside the lockerroom though right?

Yeah, I doubt if they would have cameras in the locker room. Opposing head coaches would not allow that I'm guessing?

What a complete joke of a night though. This night will set our program back a ways. It's one thing to lose a game, but we also tried to blare loud music to make it hard for Iowa to hear because our fans were already gone, and then we steal stuff from the opponents locker room too? You have to be kidding me. What a nightmare.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines

But we will now be the joke of college athletics. We can't even be entrusted to keep opposing teams safe and secure when they come to Ames anymore. What a joke. As an ISU alum, I'm completely embarrassed and ashamed.

How about letting the police do their jobs before you rush to judgement.

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
Yeah, I doubt if they would have cameras in the locker room. Opposing head coaches would not allow that I'm guessing?

What a complete joke of a night though. This night will set our program back a ways. It's one thing to lose a game, but we also tried to blare loud music to make it hard for Iowa to hear because our fans were already gone, and then we steal stuff from the opponents locker room too? You have to be kidding me. What a nightmare.

clonedude is talking to himself.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
This is urine-flavored icing on top of a ****-cake. Embarrassment all over...

I would think the locker room would be locked, and/ or security would be posted at all times.

The only people I can fathom would have access (keys) is Iowa FB personnel, or Iowa State Athletic Dept staff. I'm anxious to hear what comes out of an investigation - It shouldn't be too hard to narrow down the suspects, unless it was just blatantly unsecured.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines

Until you have proof that anyone related to ISU did this, just stop. You look like a complete fool the way you are carrying on.

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
We will not become the joke of college athletics. I will be surprised if anyone outside of this state will give two *****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron