Rahshon Clark: True Cyclone

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ppclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
This is obvious, but we should continue to applaud Rahshon...and then some. We're all caught up in wins and losses and love him...but i thought a lot today about how impressive it is that he: stayed after the WM firing when so many of his friends left and continues to show class on the court.

He could've taken the easy road out and we wouldn't have had any hard feelings. Instead, he stayed and has been all class in the face of a couple of rebuilding years....his last 2 years.

I realized how much i appreciate and admire the kid today. Like Grayer, Fred, Julo, Fizer and Jake - he will always be one of my favorite Cyclones...but in a different way. Good on you, Rahshon.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Rahshon will be a tough one to let go. He has meant a huge deal to our program. It wont be as fun going to Hilton knowing that you wont see a Rahshon Clark monster dunk

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
It should be on Sports Center if they have a brain. That was difficult to outquick the two guards. It should be on you tube.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
His heart and detemination cant be matched. He has been my favorite player of the last decade. How bout him pumping up the crowd when he came out late in the game, he doesnt sit down on the bench, he's throwing his hands up in the air just trying to give the crowd a lil spark. he will be sorely missed. Great game Rahshon!!!

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Super dunk and super block! If he had one more point, I think he would have had a double double... is that right?

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I think the dunk may have been his best of his career. Had to get that ball off the ground...2 guys on his tail...was flying down the court and jumped pretty early.

Plus, the crowd really needed it at that point. Huge play from him today - many key rebounds and hustle plays. Really going to miss him next year and anyone thinking differently isn't watching the same games the rest of us are.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Another thing on Rahshon. His defense in the past 2 games has not been quite as good as it has been in the past. It was much better tonight than it was Tuesday - but slipping.

I really think that knee is bothering him more than we know.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Another thing on Rahshon. His defense in the past 2 games has not been quite as good as it has been in the past. It was much better tonight than it was Tuesday - but slipping.

I really think that knee is bothering him more than we know.

It was hard for everyone to defend today with Rahshon and co having to roll off of 3 or 4 screens each time down the floor. They were trying to run us to death on defense. He also had to chase down a short, quick lil' **** all day. I dont doubt he's not 100%, but that makes me appreciate him even more.

FLYBOY1979

Apr 12, 2006
I would love to see his line in the first half? It seemed like he got every rebound when Texas missed. I don't think he had many points in the first half, but he must of had 10 rebounds. It was a sin that he fouled out, 2 fouls were way out of line. But Rahshon played on like a true CYCLONE that he is.
08-09 D-League in Des Moines? Sounds good to me.

ColoradoClone

Apr 6, 2006
When he jumped for that dunk, I thought "there's no way he can make it to the hoop from there, he jumped too early!" He was in the air long enough for me to complete that thought, then think "Holy crap, he's still flying! He just might make it!" and then "WOW!"

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
When he jumped for that dunk, I thought "there's no way he can make it to the hoop from there, he jumped too early!" He was in the air long enough for me to complete that thought, then think "Holy crap, he's still flying! He just might make it!" and then "WOW!"

Funny you say that, after he dunked it my wife asked me how in the heck did he get that dunk. Too bad we dont get him for another year. It looks like they are doing more things to get him close shots the baseline and some dribble drives as well. He is a great defender as shown today, not many get easy shots aginst him. That may have been one of his best blocks he has had as a cyclone.

balken

Apr 14, 2006
I think Fran Fraschilla said it well. Extreme paraphrasing due to poor memory: 'Rahshon Clark is not a great player as Barry Stevens or Jeff Hornacek or Marcus Fizer, but has been very good player and a very important part of this program.'

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I think Fran Fraschilla said it well. Extreme paraphrasing due to poor memory: 'Rahshon Clark is not a great player as Barry Stevens or Jeff Hornacek or Marcus Fizer, but has been very good player and a very important part of this program.'

That is so very true. He did have a few rough games in there but all and all he is the heart of this team, a good leader, and looks to be good at helping out the younger guys.

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
I remember Clark's dunk against Virginia when he was a Freshman on Sportscenter's top plays. Since then I have had a massive man-crush on Rahshon

Aldude505

Jan 19, 2008
Iowa Falls
I know watching ISU the last couple years and this year in CA. He is one of the biggest 'game-changers' i've seen. He can do one play and send all of Hilton into a screaming madhouse. It's amazing to watch and to be apart of. He has made his time at ISU the best he could. He helped us through regrowing years and helped us when it looked like no one would. The dunk today was absolutly the best i've ever seen in person, and the block was just as respectable!!! Should be on ESPN, but it is already on youtube, I've already watched it a good 20 times there and I'm still amazed.

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
I have to tell you, knowing Rashon personally, he is what the title says he is, True Cyclone. Ive asked him which coach he likes better, what system he liked better, Wayne Morgan was his favortie guy in the world, but Rashon stuck it out and continued to be a cyclone. Unfortunately Tasheed Carr and friends didnt stick around to help the McDermott transition.