I did my part!

cyclonebliss

Sep 8, 2012
I am trying to gain perspective after losing to UNI after 58,000 fans clad in cardinal red show up for a long sweltering day, and our team doesn't? It is going to be hard to keep the crowds with play like that. I have been a Cyclone through good times and bad over the years, and just when I sense a glimmer of hope, we lose to a team we never should first game of the season!
Is this my life as a Cyclone? I should know better. Super great time in the lot before the game, but after, feeling of dread as I walk to the car thinking about all my family and I did to plan, prepare, set up, and showing up 7 1/2 hours early. Asking ourselves was it all worth it? Perspective. It is only a game. A game I love dearly, but there is more to life than football. My family's health and well-being is much more important than football. I will still show up and do my part!

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
Good attitude. I can say myself that if the UNI game was the worst thing that happened to me this week then I live a pretty good life.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
W - L outcomes don't have any decision on my going to the games or not. I bought season tickets and plan to attend all games barring something disastrous (in my life, not on the field.) I survived attending all the home games in the Chizik era so we as fans can weather this.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Its been several years since we've had a winning season, But it doesn't mean you cant enjoy them!

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
I am trying to gain perspective after losing to UNI after 58,000 fans clad in cardinal red show up for a long sweltering day, and our team doesn't? It is going to be hard to keep the crowds with play like that. I have been a Cyclone through good times and bad over the years, and just when I sense a glimmer of hope, we lose to a team we never should first game of the season!
Is this my life as a Cyclone? I should know better. Super great time in the lot before the game, but after, feeling of dread as I walk to the car thinking about all my family and I did to plan, prepare, set up, and showing up 7 1/2 hours early. Asking ourselves was it all worth it? Perspective. It is only a game. A game I love dearly, but there is more to life than football. My family's health and well-being is much more important than football. I will still show up and do my part!

Ry4Cy

Nov 4, 2010
Ankeny
CPR and JP called out the fan base and told us to step up...we have. Now it's their turn.

Reactions: CTTB78

crs8975

Aug 14, 2013
Lakewood, CO
I could be optimistic and say things could be worse...but I'm getting tired of planning out tailgates and trips back to Iowa from across the US to watch our team not show up.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I actually said the same to my friend as i left, that I have healthy kids and we have a good life. I love the Cyclones and have seen the good and bad and will keep coming back. I want to win as much as anyone else and want a healthy athletic program for years to come...that is fun for sure!

I still hear stories of people that bailed by not showing or leaving early for Okie State.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Everyone needs to realize that our team is very young this year. Richardson is still not experienced, our WRs are young and our defense is really young and still learning. I wouldn't really call this a "rebuilding" year, but in a way it is. My expectations were to win 6 games at most this year. If we don't get there, I will not be disappointed because I know good things will come. Just not this season... Next year we have Richardson (with a full year as a starter under his belt) throwing to Lazard, Montgomery, Bundrage, Daley, West etc... One thing I would like to see Sam work on is using his TEs a little better. Luke Knott and Charlie Rogers are going to be really good!! And we have them for the next 4 years.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
CPR and JP called out the fan base and told us to step up...we have. Now it's their turn.

The program doesn't deserve this fan base.

Lame. If the program doesn't deserve you then GTFO.

Actually, he's not wrong. The program asked the fans to step up, and they have. Record season tickets have sold, donations are at all time highs. The fan support has never been better. Now it's time for the program to step it up, or the support is going to disappear.

Reactions: CTTB78

Ry4Cy

Nov 4, 2010
Ankeny
Everyone needs to realize that our team is very young this year. Richardson is still not experienced, our WRs are young and our defense is really young and still learning. I wouldn't really call this a "rebuilding" year, but in a way it is. My expectations were to win 6 games at most this year. If we don't get there, I will not be disappointed because I know good things will come. Just not this season... Next year we have Richardson (with a full year as a starter under his belt) throwing to Lazard, Montgomery, Bundrage, Daley, West etc... One thing I would like to see Sam work on is using his TEs a little better. Luke Knott and Charlie Rogers are going to be really good!! And we have them for the next 4 years.
Not to hijack this thread but no way does Richardson make it a full season as the starter. Our oline is beyond terrible and the staff obviously doesn't care if the kid gets destroyed. He will get injured and miss games, I can almost guarantee it.

FanatiClone

Sep 26, 2012
wherever i go, there i am
The program doesn't deserve this fan base.

Are you for real? This program has no vendetta towards you. This isn't about what this program has or hasn't done for you as an individual. Only a bandwagoner would make a comment like that. Stop being a fan...since this program does not deserve your, or anyone else's, fandom. Good effing riddance!

Ry4Cy

Nov 4, 2010
Ankeny
Are you for real? This program has no vendetta towards you. This isn't about what this program has or hasn't done for you as an individual. Only a bandwagoner would make a comment like that. Stop being a fan...since this program does not deserve your, or anyone else's, fandom. Good effing riddance!
I think what he is saying is for how strong this fan base is you would expect to see more success.

Look at any other program in the country and find one that is breaking attendance records year after year, tripling their sales of merchandise, and completely selling out season tickets while the team itself has had ONE winning season in 4 years.

letsCYber

Jun 11, 2010
U.S. of A.

If only CPR could convince our players to work as hard as you did to plan, make an early appearance, and set up a grill.

I hope the loss to UNI only had minimal impact to your family's health and well-being.

For me on the other hand, I fear i've done irreparable damage to my liver by drinking, not one, but two liters of Wild Turkey throughout the day & evening. I was more embarrassed about waking up on my neighbor's kitchen floor than I was about the game.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Actually, he's not wrong. The program asked the fans to step up, and they have. Record season tickets have sold, donations are at all time highs. The fan support has never been better. Now it's time for the program to step it up, or the support is going to disappear.
The price of KU fball tickets is dropping on stubhub.