The 17 Worst College Football Uniform Designs, Ranked (ISU throwback is 3rd)

mkleve44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2012
West Des Moines
Obviously some websites are different. This site has us as the second best uniforms in the league for the throwbacks.

College Football 2013: Grades for All New Uniforms & Helmets#

A+: Iowa State
PREV
47 of 48
NEXT

• When arch-rival Iowa visits Jake Trice Stadium on September 14th, the Cyclones will do their home stadium's namesake proud by sporting the same style of uniforms that Trice wore for ISU prior to his untimely death from injuries sustained in a 1923 game against Minnesota.
    Honoring Trice close to the 90th anniversary of his death would be enough to make these uniforms worthy of a high grade. Adding to their cache is the fact that they look really good: The vertical gold lines against the dark red jerseys as well as the gold pants are very old-timey.

MadCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2006
Madison, WI
What is this new thing where people seem concerned about giving people and their sites pageviews? Seems like I have seen that often in the past few weeks.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
What is this new thing where people seem concerned about giving people and their sites pageviews? Seems like I have seen that often in the past few weeks.

It's not new. Website finances are driven by page-views and ad-clicks. Every time you view a website, you are giving that site owner revenue. **** Gizmodo, I'm not given them anything when they are ripping on our beautiful throwback unis.

DBQR4CY

Jun 7, 2013
Ankeny(By way of Dubuque)
How did ISU get on there but the ones Iowa wore last year didn't? Those were down right ugly. I was happy to see that an Oregon set made it, but many more could apply for Oregon. The diamond plate pattern was a bad idea.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I really, really like our throwbacks, particularly because of who they honor. Indiana's (right) helmet looks like a jacked up candy cane.

That indiana helmet is messed up. Worst one on list is wyoming ugh.

ku-xlarge.jpg

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
How did ISU get on there but the ones Iowa wore last year didn't? Those were down right ugly. I was happy to see that an Oregon set made it, but many more could apply for Oregon. The diamond plate pattern was a bad idea.

The Iowa throwbacks were better than the 80's Steelers' throwbacks they usually wear.

bgprest

Aug 18, 2008
Dallas, TX

• When arch-rival Iowa visits Jake Trice Stadium on September 14th, the Cyclones will do their home stadium's namesake proud by sporting the same style of uniforms that Trice wore for ISU prior to his untimely death from injuries sustained in a 1923 game against Minnesota.
    Honoring Trice close to the 90th anniversary of his death would be enough to make these uniforms worthy of a high grade. Adding to their cache is the fact that they look really good: The vertical gold lines against the dark red jerseys as well as the gold pants are very old-timey.
If that website had seen our throwbacks in context compared to the original Jack Trice era jerseys then they'd have been recognized as being much better.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north

I think it is pretty obvious that Oregon is on there for the page views. Who does a ranking by the arbitrary number 17? Probably thought if they throw them in last that there would be a noticeable spike in views.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
I'm sure just like we thought Iowa's throw backs were ugly last season they'll think ours are ugly this year.