Teams keeping cool, do they have their own equipment?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Obviously it is going to be stinking hot on Saturday. So the question is, does ISU supply UNI with fans, mist machines, etc. or do they need to provide their own equipment? Just wondered if ISU might have an unfair advantage in this area. The additional players on the Cyclones will probably come into play in the 4th quarter of this game. At least the game isn't at 2 in the afternoon with the sun beating down, that would be rough to play through and sit and watch to.

thrillcat

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Either way, I'd hope that even if UNI didn't have adequate equipment that we would supply it for them. You're talking about kids' health.

I'd rather just put a superior team on the field and beat them with that instead of unfair circumstances.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Either way, I'd hope that even if UNI didn't have adequate equipment that we would supply it for them. You're talking about kids' health.

I'd rather just put a superior team on the field and beat them with that instead of unfair circumstances.
Health shmealth, this ain't intramurals, brother!

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
I'd assume UNI has that equipment (but agree I'd hope we'd loan them some if they didn't). They play at home in a dome but they have lots of away games that are in stadiums.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
UNI practices almost exclusively outside until it gets cold. The heat won't bother any more than it will Iowa State, they've been practicing in it.

ChiefCy

Aug 4, 2008
What was the game a number of years ago were the visiting team had cooling equip. & Ia State did not. I want to say it was a Texas school and it may have effected the game.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
I'm trying to figure out how to run a mister at our tent (if the cattle will let me borrow it).

LivntheCyLife

Nov 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
What was the game a number of years ago were the visiting team had cooling equip. & Ia State did not. I want to say it was a Texas school and it may have effected the game.

The one I'm thinking of was TCU in '98. I recall them running all over us with their guys standing in the shade of the west sideline with cooling equipment while ISU was in the sun.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I'm trying to figure out how to run a mister at our tent (if the cattle will let me borrow it).

I know I saw one at Walmart that just had a small sprayer tank, like you would use for chemicals and some fine nozzles on about 12 feet of hose. It was like $40 or so, which looked a little high to me, probably could make your own only better for $30.

ChiefCy

Aug 4, 2008
The one I'm thinking of was TCU in '98. I recall them running all over us with their guys standing in the shade of the west sideline with cooling equipment while ISU was in the sun.
I think that was it. Did DM learn anything from it?

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City

This is why I think they should change sidelines. I know someone will tell me that people have paid a lot of money to sit on that side. Screw that do what is best for the team. The boosters can pay again to get on that sideline again.