Saturday Debate

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I'm debating options for next Saturday's game. I didn't get tickets in time and do not feel like scalping tickets for the UNI game so I have a couple options.

1st question. Will any bars have the game available in Ames? Welch Ave or Charlie Yokes possibly?

Option #1 Come up to Ames, tailgate and get wasted with friends in 99 degree weather and maybe pull up the game via my IPad at a friends house and pass out on a couch at 2am

Option #2 Stay at my WDSM house with the AC blasting and watch football all day with Cyclone FB on my big screen at night and sleep in my own bed.

Alot of my best friends are gone from Ames. I definitely have places to stay, but they aren't the friends I choose to hang with regularly.

Does it make me a bad Cyclone if I stay in Wdsm and wait for the Iowa game to come to Ames?

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
I'm debating options for next Saturday's game. I didn't get tickets in time and do not feel like scalping tickets for the UNI game so I have a couple options.

1st question. Will any bars have the game available in Ames? Welch Ave or Charlie Yokes possibly?

Option #1 Come up to Ames, tailgate and get wasted with friends in 99 degree weather and maybe pull up the game via my IPad at a friends house and pass out on a couch at 2am

Option #2 Stay at my WDSM house with the AC blasting and watch football all day with Cyclone FB on my big screen at night and sleep in my own bed.

Alot of my best friends are gone from Ames. I definitely have places to stay, but they aren't the friends I choose to hang with regularly.

Does it make me a bad Cyclone if I stay in Wdsm and wait for the Iowa game to come to Ames?

Option 1 is the only option.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Personally, my top choice is always to get inside the stadium, but if I couldn't do that I would definitely stay inside to watch from the couch. Option 2

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Option 1. You never know, you might be able to find a cheap ticket from somebody up there.

Im sure I have a drunk friend that won't go and sell for cheap. I don't want to sit in the student section as a 24 year old and I would way rather sit on my couch and watch then sit in those god awful hillside spots.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
If I wasn't going to the game I'd stay home, crack open a few brews, watch the game in comfort at home. I love tailgating, but mostly because it precedes a football game.

That being said I think once the game starts you'll find someone that wants to unload a hillside ticket or something for cheap.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
If I wasn't going to the game I'd stay home, crack open a few brews, watch the game in comfort at home. I love tailgating, but mostly because it precedes a football game.

This is why I love away games almost as much as home games. Parking on the couch for an entire Saturday with a big-screen HDTV and the drinks/food that you want is about as good as it gets. Throw in an ISU road win on ESPN and you've got a perfect day.

CyHawk7

Aug 14, 2013
If these were your good friends I would say option 1 but given the circumstance I think option 2 is a no brainer

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
If these were your good friends I would say option 1 but given the circumstance I think option 2 is a no brainer

i have great friends that will tailgate, but they are more interested in just tailgating for the entire time I believe.

boonehawkh8r

May 16, 2012
boone iowa
What I would do is pay a parking fee and get here early enough with a bottle of rum and some brats then grab a chair and park it in the south lot..that way u can just watch the real big screen and enjoy the smell and sounds of jack trice stadium

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
If the forecast stays as is I would sit my butt in the AC and watch games on the TV all day.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
If the forecast stays as is I would sit my butt in the AC and watch games on the TV all day.

I'm kind of leaning that way. You can't beat Ames tailgating but I'm a huge CFB fan so opening day would be awesome to watch from my Air Conditioned man cave.

Sci4Cy

Sep 2, 2012
If you are a true Cyclone the only option is #1. It could be 145 degrees Celsius and the only drink available is rubbing alcohol, I would still be at Jack Trice. Anything less is something I would expect from a Hawkeye fan.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
If you are a true Cyclone the only option is #1. It could be 145 degrees Celsius and the only drink available is rubbing alcohol, I would still be at Jack Trice. Anything less is something I would expect from a Hawkeye fan.

K. Cool