Gold fb unis here to stay

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
Sweet.

Wear them w/ the gold pants, though, not cardinal bottoms. If we could get alt-gold helmet, even better.

Those would be hideous. Our gold is looking more and more distasteful every season. I've said it for years, but our colors should be the same as the letterman's jackets/old school Tailgate gear. The JT throwbacks gold pants are dead on.

There's a reason our away uniforms with cardinal pants are so sharp.

cyclonetrent

Feb 27, 2011
Johnston
Love the gold jersey, but why would they be preparing it for Montgomery? He wont even play this year, wouldn't this be White's jersey or something?

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Love the gold jersey, but why would they be preparing it for Montgomery? He wont even play this year, wouldn't this be White's jersey or something?

He will still dress like all of the other reshirts, walk ons and guys that won't play.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
What about white helmets though? Is the gold uni really why Colin Bevins transferred? Did Jeremiah George flee practice the other day after seeing the gold unis and that's why he's not in the videos? Would Jack Trice approve of the gold unis? Should I email Pollard or burn my tickets? So many unanswered questions.

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
In all honesty, we are 1 alternate helmet away from 18 different uni combinations...not counting the Trice throwbacks. Dare I say...white?

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Those would be hideous. Our gold is looking more and more distasteful every season. I've said it for years, but our colors should be the same as the letterman's jackets/old school Tailgate gear. The JT throwbacks gold pants are dead on.

There's a reason our away uniforms with cardinal pants are so sharp.

I do like the cardinal road pants.

Could they darken the hue a bit on the current gold? I assume your examples point to a less-bright-yellow(?). I'd be OK with that. An all-gold or gold-cardinal-gold alternate, then, might not seem so extreme. It would require new wardrobe, but if alternates are in the works anyway, maybe no biggie.

colbycheese

Jun 11, 2010
Kansas
twitter.com
Um, no you can't.

So, apparently I'm wrong. Per wikipedia:
In a redshirt year, a student athlete may attend classes at the college or university, practice with an athletic team, and dress for play but he or she may not compete during the game. Using this mechanism, a student athlete has up to five academic years to use the four years of eligibility, thus becoming a fifth-year senior.

For some reason I thought there were a certain number of quarters they could play during a red shirt year.