08-09 could be the year that defines Jamie Pollard

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
I really believe this. The football team will only be in year 2, but we are well positioned to return to a bowl game. The basketball team, despite our struggles now, will have a legit shot at the NCAA's. The wrestlers will be national title contenders. And as usually, the WBB should make the dance. If all of those things pan out, I think Pollard's grand vision will be jump started and kicked into high gear. If only a couple, then we will kind of remain in limbo. And if none of them happen, we might see the wheels come off. I am in the opinion that we have a very good chance to see all of those things happen next year, and we'll all have a blast watching things like the new bball practice facility go in, bowling in the end zone in JT, and a ton of success on the field!

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
I pretty much agree with the line of thinking, but I see 09-10 being the defining year. Chizik will have the easier Big 12 schedule again and McDermott will have no excuses anymore. I don't see men's basketball or football being able to take great strides next season, although they will be improved. Just my opinion.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Definitely 09-10 is the year to keep an eye on.

Next year we should hope for steady improvement. Anything more will be gravy.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Why do you ask?

ChrisHanson.jpg

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
This year is a bit of a disappointment after a hopeful last year. Gymnastics, WBB and wrestling are down from expectations, but, have time left in this season. MBB and football just aren't ready yet. Track and CC are making a quiet move up and VB is taking up residence near the top of the conference. It is, afterall, a five year plan. I see progress and am hopeful for the future.

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
I pretty much agree with the line of thinking, but I see 09-10 being the defining year. Chizik will have the easier Big 12 schedule again and McDermott will have no excuses anymore. I don't see men's basketball or football being able to take great strides next season, although they will be improved. Just my opinion.

I also agree with 09-10 being our year. I believe next year will be good for Bball being that they should make the NIT for sure and have a decent shot at the NCAAs. Wrestling will be great next year, but I still see football being a year off, yet I still see them winning between 3 and 7 (7 at ABSOLUTE best).

As long as nothing totally terrible happens (like Bball having a losing record next year, football only winning 2 or less games, ect.) I think 08-09 will be a solid year, with lots of excitement for 09-10!:biggrin:

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
As long as nothing totally terrible happens (like Bball having a losing record next year, football only winning 2 or less games, ect.) I think 08-09 will be a solid year, with lots of excitement for 09-10!:biggrin:

Oh boy, if we have a losing record in basketball next year and we only win 2 games in football, i would be crushed. I think the CF would be blowing up! Lets all hope that doesn't happen! :wideeyed:

But i agree with most of you, that it will be 09-10 before we see ourselves contending in the Big 12.

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
I agree with you all. I am not saying if all of the things I mentioned don't happen that we won't eventually get to where we want to be. But, with our much easier football schedule, and Craig and Wes coming back with the bball team, we have a opportunity to jump start this thing a year early.

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
I have one thing to say, Its a DAMN good thing that Chizik capped the class off with some excitement, Johnson's, Bo Williams and some other quality guys. because it will help translate into a few things, Excitement = Ticket sales = a plethora of good things

Landshark

Jan 23, 2007
Ankeny, IA
I'm thinking 5 wins in football. It could get better, but I'm sipping (not chugging) the kool-aid this year.

As far as basketball goes....? Mac's history say's this team goes to post-season play, but....we have NO big guys returning and we'll have to rely on a new point guard again or Petey and Diante step it up big time. Personally I think we'll be too weak for post season appearances, but I would love to be surprised.