Season Tickets Sold Out

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Ciclone

May 5, 2008
Clive
applause.gif

westlbcyclone

Jun 28, 2010
North Liberty
Hm. Why would they cap it?

You have to have some left over for visiting teams. I don't know for sure, but I would assume there is about a 2k allotment? Someone please correct me if wrong.

Still, I don't know why you cap it 10k short. I guess for single game sales, because season tickets cost less than face value.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I bet basketball comes pretty close as well. When was the last season ticket sellout for bball?

Has it ever happened? I know we've hit new records the last few years, so if those were the highest and not a sellout, we havent hit it. I bet we will this year or next.

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
You have to have some left over for visiting teams. I don't know for sure, but I would assume there is about a 2k allotment? Someone please correct me if wrong.

Still, I don't know why you cap it 10k short. I guess for single game sales, because season tickets cost less than face value.

I believe it is 3,850 unless it has increased in the last few years.

Stormwarning

Aug 6, 2013
How many other schools can claim to have sold out their season tix. This puts us in some elite company boys. We are on the verge of monumental things.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

I think the allotment is a bit larger than that. 4k maybe? I assume the number is set by the conference, though ISU should try to talk to the conference about letting that allotment be smaller given we're on such an outpost and aside from KSU nobody brings many fans to ames now.

Then you add group sales for corporate sponsors, and a limited number of single game sales for donors (im sure they tried to guess a reasonable level where they could sell season tickets to when they determined how many single game tickets for iowa to sell) plus tickets for team members and coaching staff, press, etc.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Pollard will be forced to build the SEZ if this keeps up

I'm sure he'd have broken ground already if the money was there. This keeping up will make it a LOT easier to make the case for the project though. Even though the project doesnt really increase attendance, its still good to remove the 'why do you need this when you arent filling up the stadium' thing from the list of objections.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
**** waiting. Break ground on the SEZ now while interest is this high!

Not to play be a DB, but if the interest level drops (CPR leaves, the team just can't keep up with the 1 major upset each year, we do worse than 3 victories in the B12) who know when this could happen next. Build it!