Paddy's remodel

JSmoove

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 19, 2012
2611 Helser, Louden
Let's hope this refresh really helps the place, but for the love of all that is good and holy fix the bathrooms!

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Let's hope this refresh really helps the place, but for the love of all that is good and holy fix the bathrooms!

Hahaha, crappy bathrooms are part of what makes campustown bars great. Every time I have to **** into a half-shattered urinal or take a deuce with no stall/door, it really brings me back to the glory days that were college life!

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
There's got to be a more cost effective way to remodel a COLLEGE bar. Hiring a company from Ireland? Seems excessive.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Sounds great. Too bad it will become a **** hole eventually. Should have picked an off campus bar that non-students would want to patronize.

cymate

Oct 28, 2011
Ames, the labb
That place is an absolute dump along with the rest of the bars on welch. They shoulda just knocked the building down and restarted. I cant imagine how that place passes a health inspection.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
That place is an absolute dump along with the rest of the bars on welch. They shoulda just knocked the building down and restarted. I cant imagine how that place passes a health inspection.
Pay professionals to clean the building right before the inspection.

Unfortunately most of those inspections are announced. Some are unannounced...like they all should be.

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
I was in college when Paddy's opened up. I remember the 1st year was great. Brand new place and unpopulated, it was a "prebar bar" where you could actually go and grab quick beers and carry on a converasation. Year 2 was different, it turned into a party bar with a waiting line. I graduated and havent been in since.

ISUagger

Jan 31, 2012
Ames
I was in college when Paddy's opened up. I remember the 1st year was great. Brand new place and unpopulated, it was a "prebar bar" where you could actually go and grab quick beers and carry on a converasation. Year 2 was different, it turned into a party bar with a waiting line. I graduated and havent been in since.
AJ's just opened and it went through the same transition. Still dirt cheap and "clean" enough for me.

Reactions: CyDude16

ISUagger

Jan 31, 2012
Ames
AJs????? Where is this bar at? I haven't been to Ames since last football season
AJ's Ultra Lounge? It's on Lincoln way in the building that used to be capones. Same guy that owns the mart. It's pretty busy on mug nights now, they had blue moon mugs for 3$ and 1$ tequila shots last I knew.

JSmoove

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 19, 2012
2611 Helser, Louden
AJ's Ultra Lounge? It's on Lincoln way in the building that used to be capones. Same guy that owns the mart. It's pretty busy on mug nights now, they had blue moon mugs for 3$ and 1$ tequila shots last I knew.

He is one of the nicest guys I have ever met. Always super jazzed about selling us any beer or hard alcohol when we stop in there before tailgates.

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
AJ's and Yokes are awesome improvements to Campustown. Es Tas has gone downhill and needs a cleansing bad. Welch Ave Station is still legit... and always will be.