Camp Report: What spot is up for grabs on the offensive line?

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
Good stuff, Chris. All these camp updates have me feeling more and more optimistic about the season and they havent even strapped on pads yet. Cant wait to see the impact Coach K has on the line.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Good stuff, Chris. All these camp updates have me feeling more and more optimistic about the season and they havent even strapped on pads yet. Cant wait to see the impact Coach K has on the line.

I concur. I'm starting to feel bad for UNI! We are going to be strong on the line (both sides).

cyhawkdmb

Jul 13, 2010
CB
I have a old man crush on Coach K. I cant remember really getting excited about previous position coaches.. But Coach K is a fireball!

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Farniok said that because Iowa State’s schemes are so different on the offensive line than they were a year ago, the group hasn’t been watching any tape at all from the 2012 season. The linemen have focused on spring ball tape instead. This sounds very interesting...

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
I'd love to see Dagel get the starting 5 spot. I know it would put Gannon at guard instead of his more gifted tackle, but I would love to see a young guy get a starting spot on the line knowing he'll probably have that spot for the next 3 years.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Farniok may not be a team captain this year, but he's surely a guy you want to line up next to come gameday.

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
I'll have to see it to believe it when it comes to OL success.

One thing about Rhoads that I love is he is willing to try something new. Of course, that means the original plan wasn't working, but flexibility is even more important now as the game is evolving at such a rapid pace.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I'd love to see Dagel get the starting 5 spot. I know it would put Gannon at guard instead of his more gifted tackle, but I would love to see a young guy get a starting spot on the line knowing he'll probably have that spot for the next 3 years.

Dagel would be great, but I think I'd rather see Burton win the spot as a freshman. It would allow Gannon to stay at tackle, and we'd be looking at having a 4-year starter in Burton.

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
What!?!?
:shocked:

Are we actually going to run an offense that plays to the strengths of the players we have?

What do you mean we are going to switch things around so we have our best players on the field at the same time.

Don't these guys know that ISU has a long tradition of trying to fit square pegs into round holes on offense?

I will believe it when I see it.....

And I hope I see a lot of it.

Go Cyclones!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Farniok said that because Iowa State’s schemes are so different on the offensive line than they were a year ago, the group hasn’t been watching any tape at all from the 2012 season. The linemen have focused on spring ball tape instead. This sounds very interesting...

Source? Link? This would be pretty radical.

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
Dagel would be great, but I think I'd rather see Burton win the spot as a freshman. It would allow Gannon to stay at tackle, and we'd be looking at having a 4-year starter in Burton.
I didn't realize Burton was a FR. Even better.

baller1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
WDM
You are telling a Level 94 member to "read the site." I try to read every blog, watch every video, and even try to read whole threads before I post. Since you know where it was said, please give me a link, not a lecture. :wink:
Chris posted the link in the first post of this thread. You're a disgrace to all level 94 members.

Reactions: Cycsk

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
The source is the article CW wrote. Please read the site.

Indeed, there it is in the bottom of this article. Thanks. Must have missed it. That is an incredible statement. Glad to see we are making such a bold move on the O-line.