Throwback Replica Uniforms

every_yard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2006
Do we know if replica throwback uniforms will be sold? I believe they sold replicas of the throwbacks in 2007. Would much rather have one of those than a t-shirt. I realize they will be auctioning off game worn ones, but that doens't fit in everyone's budget.

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
Do we know if replica throwback uniforms will be sold? I believe they sold replicas of the throwbacks in 2007. Would much rather have one of those than a t-shirt. I realize they will be auctioning off game worn ones, but that doens't fit in everyone's budget.

I'm pretty sure this was covered in another thread, but to answer your question YES they will sell replica uniforms. I believe that Scheels in Des Moines, Cy's Locker Room in Ames, and the University Book Store at the MU will have the uniforms. They look pretty awesome just from the pictures I have seen... almost wish that we could wear them for more than just one game!

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
I'm pretty sure this was covered in another thread, but to answer your question YES they will sell replica uniforms. I believe that Scheels in Des Moines, Cy's Locker Room in Ames, and the University Book Store at the MU will have the uniforms. They look pretty awesome just from the pictures I have seen... almost wish that we could wear them for more than just one game!

Not saying you're wrong, but do you possibly have a link? I know the cyclones.com article said something along the lines of throwback "merchandise" (like the t-shirts that are up) will be available, but I haven't seen it anywhere that actual jerseys (other than game-worn) will be sold..

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
i seen a picture yet, can someone please post a pic?

Not sure if serious, but:

Iowa-State-Throwback-Uniforms-1.jpg

Ry4Cy

Nov 4, 2010
Ankeny
From my understanding replicas will NOT be sold but the game worn jerseys will be auctioned off after the game.

ChiClones

Jun 11, 2013
Chicagoland
From the Register article
"Fans will be able to bid – via an online auction – to acquire the game-worn uniforms (jerseys, pants, socks) at Cyclones.com.More than 100 packages will be auctioned between Aug. 9-Sept. 13. Winning bidders will be able to get these uniforms at a date to be determined.
Fans can also buy replica merchandise at the following outlets: Cy’s Locker Room (Ames), University Bookstore (Ames) and Scheels (Des Moines, Coralville).
"

SOCKS!? Game worn socks!? nah...I'll pass!

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
a picture of the replica Jerseys. I'v seen thousands of pics of the real ones

Ha, hence why I didn't know if you were serious.

I don't think you'll find a picture of a replica because I don't think there are replicas.. I'd love it if there are, though.

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
I was referring to the cyclones.com article which states: Fans can also buy replica merchandise at the following outlets: Cy’s Locker Room (Ames), University Bookstore (Ames) and Scheels (Des Moines, Coralville).

I can only assume that the replica merchandise will include replica jerseys. Of course I may be wrong, but that is just what I took from the article.