Friday QOTW-What's something that happened to you but sounds like a lie when told?

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
What is something that has happened to you but sounds like a complete lie when you tell people?

(Stealing this one from another site)

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Re: Friday QOTW-What's something that happened to you but sounds like a lie when told

Dear Penthouse Forum, I know you'll never believe this but I swear it really happened....

Edit: At least we know which site you stole it from!

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Re: Friday QOTW-What's something that happened to you but sounds like a lie when told

Dear Penthouse Forum, I know you'll never believe this but I swear it really happened....

Edit: At least we know which site you stole it from!

Not gonna lie, I have never looked in a playboy or penthouse or any other "dirty" magazine. The internet was powerful and fast enough by the time I hit puberty, I didn't need magazines.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines

Not gonna lie, I have never looked in a playboy or penthouse or any other "dirty" magazine. The internet was powerful and fast enough by the time I hit puberty, I didn't need magazines.

Need 'em for what?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

I would delve into my dating experiences but 1. You may not believe them and 2. I'm saving them for a book.

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008

I helped name the space shuttle Endeavour.

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX

I helped name the space shuttle Endeavour.

Nice, although you should expand.

For all you Blue Sky Creamery fans out there, I helped name that place. They were working with my dad (restaurant designer), and were going to introduce this new type of ice cream. They wanted to call it Nitro Ice Cream or something. I said that didn't sound good to me (I was 10-12) and I thought people would like it more if it had a more inviting name.

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008

Nice, although you should expand.

It doesn't sound nearly as cool when I tell the background story though.

When I was in 6th grade, NASA sponsored a contest to name the newest space shuttle that was being built. 2 winners from each state (middle school and high school) would be selected, and the name then chosen from those state winners. You had to use the name of an explorer's ship and put together a project describing why that name would be appropriate for the shuttle.

I was on the winning middle school team from Iowa, and we chose the name Endeavour. We didn't get selected as the overall winner for the middle school division, but hey, why let some little facts get in the way of a good story, right? :wink:

Still got to go on an all-expenses paid trip to Orlando to watch the Endeavour's first launch a few years later as a nice consolation prize. Disney, Universal Studios, the whole nine yards.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu

One time I really did find five dollars.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA

When I was 20, I was riding a little girls pink bike down Welch drunk and was stopped by a cop. He asked me what house I took the Bike from and asked for my ID. I had to explain to him that we purchased the Bike from Goodwill, and I had no ID on me as my wallet was stolen the day before, and wouldn't really be able to provide much proof in the future as I was leaving the country in 3 days.

is09span

Jan 19, 2010
Ames

When I was 20, I was riding a little girls pink bike down Welch drunk and was stopped by a cop. He asked me what house I took the Bike from and asked for my ID. I had to explain to him that we purchased the Bike from Goodwill, and I had no ID on me as my wallet was stolen the day before, and wouldn't really be able to provide much proof in the future as I was leaving the country in 3 days.

How did this end.....

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA

How did this end.....

He ended up getting my name and social security number to see if my story checked out. He called it in to verify I made a police report about my wallet getting stolen at Beyer Hall. As I was leaving the country in a few days, he cut me some slack and told me to go home. New documents/credit cards arrived just in time before I left for Study Abroad in Australia.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

I once was driving down Duff and stopped at the light at 13th. There was a guy mowing his lawn next to me and he hit a decent sized rock. The rock went in my open passenger window, right between my face and the windshield and out my open driver's side window. The lawn mower guy looked at me and I looked at him. We both kind of chuckled and shrugged shoulders and I drove on.

1Nation

May 16, 2013
CA

I lived in Louisville, KY from 2009 to 2011. This centers around Kentucky Derby 2010. Around 4AM myself and two friends left 4th St Live (think KC Power and Light) and wandered the few blocks to the nearest White Castle. While inside in line we noticed that Shane Battier and Mike Dunleavy were sitting at a table absolutely hammered in tuxedos with two good looking ladies.

As we approached our time to order a head pops through the drive through window and it's Phil Hellmuth. Again absolutely hammered. He yells into the store, "Order whatever the f*ck you want, it's on me!". My buddies and I order a case of sliders (because three human beings need to comsume that amount of sliders), pay nothing and take our seat. As I grab a slider out of the case Mike Dunleavy comes over, rips it out of my hand and eats it in one bight laughing his *** off. Battier comes over, apologizes and inserts a package of fries into the empty slot of the case that the slider was in.

They leave and go on with their night and I'm left with one hilarious story.

View attachment 21068

djkent01

Feb 21, 2008
Des Moines, IA

I had a tire fall off my car while I was driving - TWICE. I've hit a deer, a coyote, and a MAN while driving.

is09span

Jan 19, 2010
Ames

One time, I made it down Lincoln Way without hitting a red light.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

tumblr_m98j9cjFmy1qbaj4uo1_500.gif

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN

A deer ran into me at the 2007 Living History Farms Offroad Race.

Calling bull ****.