Would Steele Jantz start this year if he had eligibility left?

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
One of my friends at work was asking me this this morning. Is Steele Jantz a better quarterback in 2013 than Richardson if he had eligibility left and could be the starter for 2013? I say no, even at 3 years in the system, his lows were too low and highs were not high enough, just too inconsistent. What does others think?

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
dead-horse.gif

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Well, here it is. 30 days 7 hours and 44 minutes until gametime and we have officially run out of things to talk about.

Reactions: TXCyclones

Tony

May 1, 2013
Ankeny, IA
I say no, if he was better than Richardson and Barnett he would have played the last three games last year.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Well, here it is. 30 days 7 hours and 44 minutes until gametime and we have officially run out of things to talk about.
I know right, but I thought I would pose the question on here since I had to actually think a second about it.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
One of my friends at work was asking me this this morning. Is Steele Jantz a better quarterback in 2013 than Richardson if he had eligibility left and could be the starter for 2013? I say no, even at 3 years in the system, his lows were too low and highs were not high enough, just too inconsistent. What does others think?

No. I maintain the only reason he won it when he did last year was due to Barnett's inability to throw and Richardson's inexperience. Once Richardson proved he could play like a Big 12 quarterback he had Jantz beat.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
How about JB since we're talking what-if? Would he have been our starter if he hadn't dropped down to Illinois State? I think SR is our guy and would have been our guy. I'm happy we have someone to grow with and stay with.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
How about JB since we're talking what-if? Would he have been our starter if he hadn't dropped down to Illinois State? I think SR is our guy and would have been our guy. I'm happy we have someone to grow with and stay with.
Didn't someone say JB isn't even the starter at the other ISU.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009

I think Jantz would have had a better shot than Barnett to start in 2013. Barnett left, IMO, because he saw the writting on the wall that he was not going to ever be named starter from day one, like Jantz did last year or SR did this year. He was a nice "change of pace" quarterback and someone for the team to rally around.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
Didn't someone say JB isn't even the starter at the other ISU.
Redbirdfan.net • View topic - Quarterback Competition

Sounds like they have three guys, one of whom is a former Elite 11 invite who transferred from Wyoming. Frankly if they have anyone better than JB then they are really good for 1-AA, IMO. His accuracy probably won't be any better but he is a gifted runner, gifted leader, and has a gifted mind that should stand out at that level, especially if they run any form of an option offense.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

tumblr_mhnyr45pK51r4zr2vo2_r1_500.gif

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
How about JB since we're talking what-if? Would he have been our starter if he hadn't dropped down to Illinois State? I think SR is our guy and would have een our guy. I'm happy we have someone to grow with and stay with.
Sam no doubt, JB transfered because he knew it. Jantz had his chance

CykoAGR

Dec 16, 2008
Waukee, IA

If I could reach through the computer I would stab you right now

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron