Deace: Preseason news and notes

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Big shoes to fill should include Jeremiah George stepping into the place of Jake Knott.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Also, why doesn't the SEC get more grief as a conference for how weak they are on the bottom half? It is one thing to be the conference with the national champion, but are you really the best conference if you have as many weak teams as they do?

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Also, why doesn't the SEC get more grief as a conference for how weak they are on the bottom half? It is one thing to be the conference with the national champion, but are you really the best conference if you have as many weak teams as they do?

Yea... that SEC East looks a hell of a lot like the Big 10. One good team (Georgia) then a whole lotta nothing.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
If Clowney isn't the #1 pick, I'll be shocked. I know Deace loves predicting QB's to go #1 every year but I don't think anyone is passing on him.

It really depends on team needs. I would say Clowney is the best prospect in the draft but it all depends on team needs. Just like that one year with Reggie Bush. He was the "best" player but Houston didn't need an offense.

Oh and his Super Bowl is Seahawks vs Bengals? WOW

CykoAGR

Dec 16, 2008
Waukee, IA

Couldnt disagree more. If you look there is soooo much power at the top of the SEC that I just dont see how you could pick another conference.

Alabama, ATM, LSU, Georgia, SCar, would all probably be picked at the top of the B12 and could arguably be picked ahead of Ohio State. Oregon would fall behing Alabama but the others could be argued to challenge for PAC supremacy.

The SEC is weak at the bottom and everyone understands that but they are so top heavy that I dont see how you could pick another conference as the best.

D UP Clones

Oct 25, 2006
Couldnt disagree more. If you look there is soooo much power at the top of the SEC that I just dont see how you could pick another conference.

Alabama, ATM, LSU, Georgia, SCar, would all probably be picked at the top of the B12 and could arguably be picked ahead of Ohio State. Oregon would fall behing Alabama but the others could be argued to challenge for PAC supremacy.

The SEC is weak at the bottom and everyone understands that but they are so top heavy that I dont see how you could pick another conference as the best.

South Carolina???? The sec is full of great defenses and bad offensive football... the fact that you list south carolina as one of the top dogs in the conference is telling...

You also may want to look at their schedules. I was shocked how poor their out of conference schedulw was for aome of thoae teams.

Some close games last year against bad competition...

The sec is the toughest if they all play each other and prove ut on the field... right now they aren't.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
I'd drop the B1G behind the Pac-12 and ACC on the list of conferences. They frankly will have one top 10 or better team in Ohio State and after that they may not even have another top 25 team.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
Yea... that SEC East looks a hell of a lot like the Big 10. One good team (Georgia) then a whole lotta nothing.

Florida and South Carolina wil be competitive with Georgia to win the East, and either of those teams could end up in BCS bowls. Potentially 3 top 10 teams in the SEC East.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Didn't Mac Brown make the point at media day that the top 7 in the SEC were 30-0 against the bottom seven?

There is no doubt their top dogs are superior to about anyone else but that stat is not going to happen in most leagues.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
If Clowney isn't the #1 pick, I'll be shocked. I know Deace loves predicting QB's to go #1 every year but I don't think anyone is passing on him.
Ehh, a franchise quarterback will always trump a DE.