Cyclones TV coming to Mediacom in HD

Carr50010

Apr 4, 2010
Ames
Great news, hopefully they will have both the basketball and football games in HD. I am glad they are working to do it the right way.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
I knew it would happen eventually, but didn't think it would be this soon. Great news for the good guys.

ItsCyence

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Sioux City
Would this just be in Iowa? I would love to get some Cyclone content when I'm at school.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Dear god, thank you....as a cyclones.tv subscriber, nothing worse than having to watch crap in SD on my computer because of the Mediacom deal when I was used to watching in HD prior.

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
This is great news but Mediacom is still a joke. I live in a new development in Johnston and they had no idea we existed. Rep wanted me to give him addresses of all the houses around me so he could take to his supervisor . I don't see them offering me service anytime soon.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Awesome!

This is one of main reason still with Mediacom.

Sidenote: I get a kick out of it when I'm in Menards or place like a home show and some DirectTV guy in a booth tries getting me to switch and I just keep saying I won't because they don't offer a dedicated channel for Cyclone sports. There are usually clueless when I mention this (which annoys me...any salesman worth their commission should know their competition) plus everyone on the planet should know what Cyclone.TV is! ;)

letsCYber

Jun 11, 2010
U.S. of A.
This is not good news. Mediacom is horrible, so I would never want to be stuck with their service. Additionally, I live out of state so I'll need one of you fine gentlemen/ladies to stream all the HD games on Justin.tv

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
This is not good news. Mediacom is horrible, so I would never want to be stuck with their service. Additionally, I live out of state so I'll need one of you fine gentlemen/ladies to stream all the HD games on Justin.tv

Or just get it all yourself with a Cyclones.tv subscription....

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
This is great news but Mediacom is still a joke. I live in a new development in Johnston and they had no idea we existed. Rep wanted me to give him addresses of all the houses around me so he could take to his supervisor . I don't see them offering me service anytime soon.

I went through this a couple of years ago in Ankeny, too. We had a Medicom box in our backyard, and it still took me a couple of months to convince them that we were eligible for service. If Century Link internet hadn't been so miserable, I wouldn't have bothered.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area

Or just get it all yourself with a Cyclones.tv subscription....

Yeah, gonna go with Ray on this one...I can sympathize with the cable cutters for the games that are on the national cable channels, since you're choosing not to pay the cable companies. But for the stuff on the mediacom channel, if you can't or don't want to get mediacom, there's still cyclones.tv, so if you're watching a stream, you're choosing not to pay ISU for their games, which is crap. $80 a YEAR, cough it up, cheaparse.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I don't know much about them, but couldn't a local get a sling box dedicated to that channel and share it with those without Mediacom?

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
I don't know much about them, but couldn't a local get a sling box dedicated to that channel and share it with those without Mediacom?

Or you could help out the athletic department and get a Cyclones.tv subscription? $80 for a year! Is very good deal.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
This soon? Once I saw this my thought was "it's about freaking time!!!" Glad it's here but Mediacom and Cyclones TV were both pretty tardy to the HD party.

The state of Iowa is considered 20 years behind the rest of the world in everything, so it happened pretty darn fast! :p

Help Support Us

Become a patron