New Tunnel Graphic

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I wondered if they would do something to make the tunnel look more appealing. I like it! I hope there are more surprises with the tunnel entrance this year!

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
That looks pretty awesome though I did giggle a bit at "take the field". Hopefully the guys passing through there are already aware that is the plan.

cycloneinpdx

Jul 10, 2013
Twin Cities
Also, the ISU Athletics Facebook page deleted this... I wonder if they meant for this to get out. Oh well. Ha. It would get out eventually.

cycloneinpdx

Jul 10, 2013
Twin Cities
Looks great! I still wish they would extend the tunnel all the way to the field though.

Yeah, I was there the first time they rolled it out--it seemed weird. I mean, I guess it's better than the blow up tunnel, especially now, but the new tunnel seemed anti-clamactic to me at the time.

Our whole entrance needs overhauled. The walk up is way too long, too old school (Sorry CPR), and should be better. I was a huge fan of what we had my fresh/soph year where they played Ladies and Gentlemen to a hit tape. Though the song that was specifically done last year for ISU by TechN9ne is pretty badass too. That, with the severe storm warning that they play is cool, but it can be better.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Looks tacky along with the hanging interstate scoreboard sign, mini pressbox and the empty south endzone.

Can't argue with any of that. Jack Trice stadium is just a hodge podge mess that looks even more un-planned than it was.

I love the new football building and the indoor practice facility is great as well. Everything else really is a mess, and if you don't agree with that then you're drunk on the cardinal and gold kool-aid.

The tunnel is better than nothing at all and having our guys have to walk around it, but of course we screwed it up by not having it come out right in the northwest corner of the endzone right underneath the hillside. Put two huge steel doors on it and make it look like a storm shelter bunker. But no, instead we are going to have the guys run out of the tunnel right behind one of the interstate/scoreboard supports where nobody will be able to see them at all.

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
Meh. I think the graphics that have taken over the football complex are a bit much. They're everywhere now. Started with the south windows of the Jake. Now they're all over the Jake, hanging on the perimeter fencing near the entrances, covering most of the glass on the football facility, and covering various other surfaces in the vicinity. Now the tunnel entrance.

It's as if we're compensating for an overall lack of design consistency by plastering everything with graphics. If it was just a beautiful stadium complex, this stuff wouldn't be necessary. And it's all going to look dated in a few short years, just like the ugly, faded graphics on the Jacobson windows.

cycloneinpdx

Jul 10, 2013
Twin Cities
It's as if we're compensating for an overall lack of design consistency by plastering everything with graphics. If it was just a beautiful stadium complex, this stuff wouldn't be necessary. And it's all going to look dated in a few short years, just like the ugly, faded graphics on the Jacobson windows.

Yeah, but it's tough to make a "beautiful stadium complex" where there wasn't one. It's better than plain cement-- eventually, we'll get the SEZ and everything will be able to be more tied together. But until then, they might as well put these graphics in--they can always replace them when they fade (I don't know why they haven't done that on the Jacobson Windows).

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
actually, as the trees mature around jack trice, I think it is going to end up looking very nice. The Jacobson is the biggest mistake.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
I think the graphics are pretty sweet, and coming from a 17 year old, I guess that shows you something from a recruit's standpoint (kind of). It's a hell of a lot better than plain old cement.