New College Division.

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
Bowlsby attacks NCAA; suggests Division 4 football is possible - CBSSports.com

Basically the Big 5(ACC, SEC, Big 10, Big 12, Pac 12) would leave the NCAA for football and create there own governing entity and play by the rules they want. AAC and Mountain West have said they would want to join this division as well.

It would be very similar to the split between FBS and FCS. What would most likely happen is the Big 5 leave. The upper crust of FCS is elevated to FBS to join MAC and Sun Belt.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I dont know that theyd leave the NCAA... just force the NCAA to create the new division..

And really the division isnt anything new.. its really getting Div1 back to what it used to be before things like attendance requirements were relaxed and allowed anyone and everyone that wanted to to join FBS.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Mega-threads are useless for finding info unless you catch up and read everything in it every day.

Agreed. Nothing more annoying than sifting thru hundreds of pages to get info.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
It sounds like leaving the NCAA is a last resort. The NCAA will have every chance to reform before talk of leaving gets serious.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Mega-threads are useless for finding info unless you catch up and read everything in it every day.

It is all on the last few pages of the thread and literally the only thing that has been discussed in the megathread since Big XII media days. That thread hasn't been moving very fast at all since last summer.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX

If it's topical enough to warrant a new thread, then it's probably topical enough to click "Last Page".

veryphil

Feb 24, 2012
Siracusa, ITA/Ames, IA
If it's topical enough to warrant a new thread, then it's probably topical enough to click "Last Page".

Well, this is a new thread. Deal? That said:

Has JP or Pres. Leath issued any press releases. I've been searching.

This will be good for us. No more filling out our non-conference schedule with Rhode Island Culinary Arts Academy. Cash is a non-issue. We're a member of the "haves" and not "have nots." That sounds really smug. But we deserve it. Our (we) boosters and fans deserve it. SDSU, USD and all of the other schools bit off more than they could chew. Sorry.

Cyclonetrombone

Aug 25, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
And how... does this actually deal directly with Big 12 expansion? Even if they created D4 is there anything ANYONE has said to make anyone think that us expanding beyond 10 teams is going to happen in the next 5 years?

Put me on the side of Mega Thread being stupid. Kill it, just like 1.0 died.

Last edited:

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa

That may be true, but isn't very inviting/welcoming/easy for new users who may not understand that.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
That may be true, but isn't very inviting/welcoming/easy for new users who may not understand that.

We were all new users once who got hazed during our initiations for starting a redundant thread. And usually it was by the overpaid mods :pwink:. Do a search for "merge" and you'll see there's a little history there.

veryphil

Feb 24, 2012
Siracusa, ITA/Ames, IA
We were all new users once who got hazed during our initiations for starting a redundant thread. And usually it was by the overpaid mods :pwink:. Do a search for "merge" and you'll see there's a little history there.

I'm pretty familiar with communication practices on message boards. This isn't a redundant thread and has little to do with the thread you suggested. Your argument is invalid and you're officially trolling now.

Anyway, I'll be way more happy bringing my son to see some of the non-conference games we schedule in the future after this goes down. I'll also be very happy to see JP's official statements on this new division.