Iowa State Friday Night Lights Football Camp

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Tonight is the Iowa State Friday Night Lights Camp for high school football players. Do you know anyone who is participating? Anyone likely to get an offer based on this camp?

Last edited:

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I know Rico Gafford will be here and if I remember correctly someone said if he impresses the coaches he might get an offer. Don't know much about him though besides someone said he's got great speed

Rico Gafford - Yahoo! Sports

clone4lyfe

May 21, 2008
West Des Moines
My nephew will be there. Probably won't get offered though, just there for the experience and to get in some extra work before the high school season starts. I'm going up to watch

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Interesting video of his Junior Year. The first 30 seconds are the set up of a kickoff. Then, he catches it and stands there for a few more seconds before exploding around the side. Great speed. I also like his patience. It must be hard to stand there with the ball on a kickoff or punt while waiting for the blocking to set up. He really seems to read the field well and let his blockers do their job until he kicks on the speed. Also, a nice straight arm on a failed goal line tackle attempt.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
I think Tyler Ahrens ran well last night. i think he's a 6'4" WR, he ran a 4.6, which is pretty good, but he ran faster agility times than the much faster Gafford. so seems like he's athletic.
He also tweeted how impressed he was with the facilities. think he has an offer from KSU too. not 100% tho

Tyler Ahrens - Yahoo! Sports

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Former coworkers son is there. Looks pretty cool from the pictures.

CoachKM

Sep 19, 2008
West Des Moines
My son was there last night. He went with a good friend/teammate and had a good experience. It was fun to watch him compete under the lights and run out of the tunnel to "Smoke on the Water". It was also cool to tag along on a quick tour of the new FB facility. Lastly, each camper was assigned a recruiting coach so they are able to call the FB office and be on the pass list for a home game and get a taste of the recruiting treatment.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny Centenniel has a good prospect coming up that's a junior. He's a qb/safety prospect in the 6-3 200 lb range, and a sprinter on the track team. Don't know if juniors are invited to the Friday night lights camp, but I'm sure CPR will be keeping an eye on this kid.

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Ankeny Centenniel has a good prospect coming up that's a junior. He's a qb/safety prospect in the 6-3 200 lb range, and a sprinter on the track team. Don't know if juniors are invited to the Friday night lights camp, but I'm sure CPR will be keeping an eye on this kid.

Name?

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
As if Iowa boys with no offers can amount to anything :jimlad

UncleCy

Jan 14, 2013
Do you have to get invited to these? I know the normal jr sr day you don't.

No, the NCAA won't allow invite-only camps. Some schools try to keep these FNL events a secret to limit attendance to mostly just top recruits, but ISU had theirs advertised on the website along with all of the other camps.

WIplayers

Jul 22, 2013
Wisconsin has a junior, 6'2", 196 lbs wide receiver that ran a 4.59 40 and a 4.35 agility test at the camp. Quick feet and good hands. Maybe ISU can use some WI boys too!

Help Support Us

Become a patron