I can see UT running the table

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
and going to the NCG this season.

Key games;

@ BYU
Ole Miss
KSU
vs. OU
OSU

Thoughts? Tell me in detail which games UT loses and why.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
KSU. Because Mack Brown can't beat Bill Snyder.

I never want to see ISU lose, but if Texas beats us, runs the table, and beats the SEC champ in NCG, I would have no regrets about that loss. The SEC needs to be toppled, and if its a Big 12 team doing the toppling, I can live with us losing to them.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008

I never want to see ISU lose, but if Texas beats us, runs the table, and beats the SEC champ in NCG, I would have no regrets about that loss. The SEC needs to be toppled, and if its a Big 12 team doing the toppling, I can live with us losing to them.

Yeah, I didn't realize it's been FIVE straight losses.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I don't think there is a game they can't win, but I don't see how they run the table when you combine that schedule with inconsistent QB play. I see them around 8 wins this season.

I think Ole Miss, OU, OSU, @Baylor, & @TCU are all toss ups. And I wouldn't be surprised to see someone else upset them.

Reactions: cyhiphopp

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
Texas handily beat Ole Miss in Oxford last year. I think Texas is better this year and will do the same. I think UT roles until OU. I think UT is better, but it is a pretty big rivalry game so anything could happen. Then UT goes to TCU the next week, who I think will be pretty tough this year with their defense. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if UT lays an egg after playing OU. The game is also in Fort Worth, so I give TCU the slight edge in this one. If UT has one loss at this point, I think the championship will come down to the OSU game. I think this game will come down to how well OSU's offense can score against UT's defense. If Texas can keep the game close, then I think they have a chance. With one loss it is a gamble to make the NCG, but I guess weirder things have happened in college football.

I guess I don't see UT running the table this year without at least losing one game. I think OSU has a much better chance, because at Texas is their only real test of the season.

kberyldial

Mar 20, 2006
Do people not realize that much of the Texas hype-machine is driven by ESPN? It's good for business to create buzz over UT being "back." They were 5-4 in the Big 12 last year! They can't beat OU and every team in Texas guns for them. It's like every year the Cowboys are going to be in the playoffs. Saying it doesn't make it happen.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
I think Mack Brown has hit a coaching wall. I dont see them running the table at all. I would go with 8-9 wins this year though.

cobraclone71

Jan 3, 2011

Not me. I would MUCH rather beat Texas this year and have 'Bama repeat. Hell, if we could beat Texas this year I would be ok with 'Bama winning the NCG for the next 5 years. Let's worry about ourselves first.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Not me. I would MUCH rather beat Texas this year and have 'Bama repeat. Hell, if we could beat Texas this year I would be ok with 'Bama winning the NCG for the next 5 years. Let's worry about ourselves first.

We can have a damn good year without beating Texas. We've been to 3 bowl games out of 4 years under Rhoads. The year we beat Texas, we didn't bowl.

I am so god damn sick of the SEC and ESPN and everyone slobbing their knob. They need to get beat out, and I'm concerned that the only way another conference gets into that game is with an undefeated squad.

Throw in the fact that a Big 12 school winning a national title is a very good thing for this conference's overall strength and health, and I'd argue that my suggestion is directed at worrying about ourselves first.

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
Do people not realize that much of the Texas hype-machine is driven by ESPN? It's good for business to create buzz over UT being "back." They were 5-4 in the Big 12 last year! They can't beat OU and every team in Texas guns for them. It's like every year the Cowboys are going to be in the playoffs. Saying it doesn't make it happen.

So a team that went 9-4 last year with 19 returning starters, you think is being over hyped? They were just ranked to finish 4th in the preseason Big 12 poll. If anything I don't know if they are getting enough credit. If UT doesn't compete for the big 12 title this year, Mack is probably gone.

cobraclone71

Jan 3, 2011
We can have a damn good year without beating Texas. We've been to 3 bowl games out of 4 years under Rhoads. The year we beat Texas, we didn't bowl.

I am so god damn sick of the SEC and ESPN and everyone slobbing their knob. They need to get beat out, and I'm concerned that the only way another conference gets into that game is with an undefeated squad.

Throw in the fact that a Big 12 school winning a national title is a very good thing for this conference's overall strength and health, and I'd argue that my suggestion is directed at worrying about ourselves first.

I cant believe this. You would rather have ISU lose to Texas if it meant an SEC team wouldn't win the NCG? Sure, the Big 12 would get some more air time, but what's that air time going to consist of? Probably nothing but highlights of ISU letting Texas slip one right up the gut for 60 yards. I would watch the SEC/ESPN lovefest all day everyday over watching gut wrenching replays like that.

ISU beating Texas would make our stock rise faster than Texas winning the national championship, hands down. It's ridiculous that we're even discussing this.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Well Texas did lose to TCU last year at home so........

Yeah, absolutely right but I guess I'm not sold on what I see as a lot of TCU hype around Pachall coming back this season (what I meant about "believe it when I see it"). TCU's defense will be legit but I don't see TCU holding UT to 13 points this season...or scoring more points.

Also, UT has a bye week after OU and before TCU.