MLB: Home Run Derby

SC Cy

Jun 30, 2006
Omaha, NE
twitter.com
Any predictions? I have a Chris Davis vs Pedro Alvarez final with Alvarez winning. I always enjoy this event. I know Berman will get trashed on Twitter and on message boards tonight but there is some sort of nostalgia with him announcing these.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I predict everyone will be annoyed with Chris Berman before the first batter has completed the first round.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I predict everyone will be annoyed with Chris Berman before the first batter has completed the first round.

BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK ​GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

tjh1984

Feb 11, 2009
New Orleans
Wow great lip syncing performance by Pitbull! That's the best the MLB could come up with? When will Chris Berman get fired? Most annoying person on TV

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I don't understand the Harper hate. He's an absolute blast to watch...wish everyone played their *** off like he does.

Harper's swing just makes my body hurt. Cespedes has a beautiful baseball swing.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I don't understand the Harper hate. He's an absolute blast to watch...wish everyone played their *** off like he does.

Harper's swing just makes my body hurt. Cespedes has a beautiful baseball swing.
I refer to Harper as Scrappy no' tools. Because he is scrappy and has almost no elite baseball tools.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I refer to Harper as Scrappy no' tools. Because he is scrappy and has almost no elite baseball tools.

No elite baseball tools?! You have to be joking. This guy has the fastest bat speed, a tremendous arm, great speed, a fantastic glove, hussels, and does everything years beyond his age.

Back to Derby talk, I'm glad Cespedes won. I'm an A's fan and the way he hit the ball tonight gives me confidence he can turn things around in the second half of the season.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
No elite baseball tools?! You have to be joking. This guy has the fastest bat speed, a tremendous arm, great speed, a fantastic glove, hussels, and does everything years beyond his age.

Back to Derby talk, I'm glad Cespedes won. I'm an A's fan and the way he hit the ball tonight gives me confidence he can turn things around in the second half of the season.
Hitting for Power: Above Average
Hitting for Average: Needs Work
Speed: Above Average
Arm: Elite
Defense: Above Average

TomTreebow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2012
Yeah, Harper OPS'd .817 and posted a 5.0 WAR as a 19 year old and is OPS'ing .893 this year....but he doesn't have elite tools. That's a clown statement, bro.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

Yeah, I'm a big harper fan. Love watching him play.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron