CFTV: 7-7-13 CCL highlights (Nader, Niang, Long)

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Great highlight reel. Thanks for the hook up Chris. Nader looks perfect of Fred's system. I love that we get him to guard Niang in practice all season pushing him further. Niang showing some range, love it. Naz..... Naz looked sick on a couple of those plays. I think people may be right in the fact we have underestimated what he can do. I can't wait for this next season!

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
It was a foul on Niang, but that flop by Naz and reaction from the fans/players was amazing. That's why I love the CCL. So much fun to watch them have fun.

Nader will be very helpful in practice this season and will give very good minutes off the bench in 2014 (I'm assuming Hogue at the 4 and Niang at the 5). Could even start in 2015.

Naz will be good off the bench this season. If he develops well, lets face it, he could start his senior year.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
It was a foul on Niang, but that flop by Naz and reaction from the fans/players was amazing. That's why I love the CCL. So much fun to watch them have fun.

Nader will be very helpful in practice this season and will give very good minutes off the bench in 2014 (I'm assuming Hogue at the 4 and Niang at the 5
). Could even start in 2015.

Naz will be good off the bench this season. If he develops well, lets face it, he could start his senior year.

You cant be serious. Baring we don't get a blue chip for the next season, Nader will start no question with Niang and Hogue.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011

Nader will be very helpful in practice this season and will give very good minutes off the bench in 2014 (I'm assuming Hogue at the 4 and Niang at the 5). Could even start in 2015.

Even the ref was smiling about the whole ordeal.

It was interesting seeing Nader and Niang going up against each other. Would have been a fun game to watch.

Nuts4Cy

Mar 21, 2006
Nader seemed to be falling back on his shot. I'm sure Fred will work with him on that.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
You cant be serious. Baring we don't get a blue chip for the next season, Nader will start no question with Niang and Hogue.

Agreed I would be very surprised if Nader doesn't start and average 30 mpg

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
What really stands out to me about Nader is how cut he looks. Dude is 6'8 (correct me if I'm wrong) but he looks big and strong not a skinny 6'8. We might be small this year, but think about 2014 with Niang, Nader, and Hogue starting, throw in the possibility of Naz starting and we'd be a very big, physical team.

I'm so excited to see Naz this season. He has great size, a good looking jumper and he is strong (how much weight has he put on). Obviously its CCL so I'll temper expectations but at 6'4 200+ lbs he should be able to get into the lane pretty easily.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
What really stands out to me about Nader is how cut he looks. Dude is 6'8 (correct me if I'm wrong) but he looks big and strong not a skinny 6'8. We might be small this year, but think about 2014 with Niang, Nader, and Hogue starting, throw in the possibility of Naz starting and we'd be a very big, physical team.

I'm so excited to see Naz this season. He has great size, a good looking jumper and he is strong (how much weight has he put on). Obviously its CCL so I'll temper expectations but at 6'4 200+ lbs he should be able to get into the lane pretty easily.
Add Rashad Vaughn at 6'5'' :rolleyes:

ISUagger

Jan 31, 2012
Ames
Watching Nader and Niang go at it was pretty cool. That's good experience for both of them.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Can't pretend to be an expert on Nader but he passes the eye test physically...really wish we had him already.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
2014-15 lineup:

Morris/ Custer
Thomas/ Long
SDW/ Hogue
Nader/ Edozie
Niang/ Gibson

or go big, (as ive heard the stafff likes Nader at the 3)

Morris
Thomas
Nader
Niang
freshman stud/ grad transfer/ JuCo transfer/ Gibson

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
2014-15 lineup:

Morris/ Custer
Thomas/ Long
SDW/ Hogue
Nader/ Edozie
Niang/ Gibson

or go big, (as ive heard the stafff likes Nader at the 3)

Morris
Thomas
Nader
Niang
freshman stud/ grad transfer/ JuCo transfer/ Gibson

I like the bottom lineup. I'd prefer it if Niang didn't play the "5".

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I really wish we had Nader this season.

I just feel like we're going to need the extra fouls to give down low. We cannot afford to have Ejim and Niang continue to get into foul trouble. I'm just not sure how much Gibson and Edozie can give us? If they are too much of a liability to be on the court, teams will pound it in on Ejim and Niang and get them into foul trouble.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I really wish we had Nader this season.

I just feel like we're going to need the extra fouls to give down low. We cannot afford to have Ejim and Niang continue to get into foul trouble. I'm just not sure how much Gibson and Edozie can give us? If they are too much of a liability to be on the court, teams will pound it in on Ejim and Niang and get them into foul trouble.

Yeah, we have two games against Kansas and flopologist Smart for two games, that's four games where we could use some help inside.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
I'm so excited for next season, but if Vaughn commits (such a long shot) I think we can be a elite 8 type team in 2014.