Nice Write Up On Fox News

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Thanks for posting - great article.
But I'm not sure about this quote:

".....Morris, a three-time All-State pick and Michigan's Mr. Basketball in 2013, could end up being the true young point guard that Hoiberg has never had."

I think the emphasis is on "Young" and not "True", because with DGarrett, Allen and Korie, I would argue they pretty much were true point guards.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006

".....Morris, a three-time All-State pick and Michigan's Mr. Basketball in 2013, could end up being the true young point guard that Hoiberg has never had."

I think the emphasis is on "Young" and not "True", because with DGarrett, Allen and Korie, I would argue they pretty much were true point guards.

You're 66% correct. Allen was absolutely not a point guard at all.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor

Relentless spin from the partisan Faux News!

:)jimlad: shouldn't be needed, but posted here anyway)

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Just want to point out that it's an AP story from Des Moines. Has nothing to do with Fox News.

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
Article pretty much says it like it is. Will be interesting to see how it all shakes out. Should make for competitive practices. But it could also take a while to find the right combinations and who can play Big12 calibur defense. Mix that in with our tough non-conf schedule and my guess is that "patience" will be floated around this fall on the message board alot. Like the future tho.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
I wish Luke Meredith was able to cover our team full time. He's pretty much our third-best/most-prolific beat writer.

Cincyclone

Feb 5, 2012

Yeah the "young" part disqualifies those players you mentioned as Fred only had them for one year as seniors. Also, Allen was not a point guard.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
Nice article. I enjoy Meredith's work as well, he seems to know his stuff and does his research before writing something up.

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
Yeah, we're going to be young, but we have A LOT of talent!
It's coming to the point where we just reload! Feels good doesn't it

WDMCyclone

Feb 5, 2013
WDM/Ames, Iowa

Morris is way more of a true point guard compared to Allen.