*** CF Bus Trip - Iowa State @ Kansas State $150 ***

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
Fanatics,

On November 2nd we are taking two buses from Des Moines down to Manhattan, KS to watch Iowa State beat Kansas State. Click on the attachment for further details.

View attachment 20673

Go Cyclones!!

Last edited:

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
Just a bit of additional information. We are only taking 2 buses, so I would sign up fast. Last year we took 3 buses to Kansas and 4 to the bowl game and they filled up rather quick.

We are able to drink on the buses, so tailgating can start as soon as we get on the bus!

We won't know kickoff time until 2 weeks before the game. So departure time to and from will not be set until than. What we do know is that this is a 1 day trip. Down and back in the same day.

We have Directv and WiFi set up in the bus, so you can watch games and surf the net while we travel. The ability to relax, have a drink, and watch TV while traveling makes it a much more enjoyable trip.

I ordered over 100 tickets from the University. All 100 tickets will be together and in the Iowa State section. So if you are going as a group of friends, email me the names of the people you would like to sit by and I will make sure you are all together.

We will stop once on the way down and once on the way back. There is a bathroom on the back of the bus and outlets on one side of the bus if you need to charge something.

If you have any other questions, please ask.

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
I have a few questions:

1. Right now we have 4 confirmed and working on 2 more, but don't know if i want to wait for them encase the buses fill up quickly. The only reason we are waiting is because we want to be seated together. Can you tell me how full the buses are so far?
  2. Can I buy all 4 or 6 tickets together through paypal, or would you rather it be 4 to 6 different transactions?
  3. How does the cooler situation work? Does it have to fit between the seats or can it stay in the aisle? Or is there a designated spot for coolers?
  4. What about Food? Will there be grills or do we need to bring our own? I have a grill that I would be willing to bring that anyone can use as long as they give me a buck or two for gas. My grill is a roadtrip grill and folds down into a bag.

I might have more in before the season even gets here.

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
I have a few questions:

1. Right now we have 4 confirmed and working on 2 more, but don't know if i want to wait for them encase the buses fill up quickly. The only reason we are waiting is because we want to be seated together. Can you tell me how full the buses are so far?
  2. Can I buy all 4 or 6 tickets together through paypal, or would you rather it be 4 to 6 different transactions?
  3. How does the cooler situation work? Does it have to fit between the seats or can it stay in the aisle? Or is there a designated spot for coolers?
  4. What about Food? Will there be grills or do we need to bring our own? I have a grill that I would be willing to bring that anyone can use as long as they give me a buck or two for gas. My grill is a roadtrip grill and folds down into a bag.

I might have more in before the season even gets here.

Solid questions.

1. We have 12 spots reserved so far. We plan on taking 110 total so there are just under 100 spots left. I don't know how fast the seats will go. We did 100 seats in 24 hours last year for the bowl game but that was obviously shorter notice. I would imagine you will have a decent amount of time to try and convince them.
2. Either one works for me. Preferably you would send them all as 1 on Paypal and just list the names of who is attending in the notes. I will than make a note to ensure you are all on the same bus and sitting together at the game.
3. I'd like to keep big coolers out of the aisle if at all possible. We can put them under the bus where you will have access to it on restroom stops and at the stadium. Smaller coolers in the aisle, above the seats, or under the seats will work out better. Hopefully somebody that went to the Kansas game last year can chime in about the size of the cooler they brought and how it worked out.
4. Food is TBD at this point without knowing the time of the game. You are more than welcome to bring your own grill which we can store under the bus. If you will volunteer your grill to others for a buck, I can mention that when I send out an email to all attending when we get closer to game time. Last year at the Kansas game we ordered pizzas from an ISU alum who has a restaraunt down there. Everyone pitched in $5 and it worked out well. I don't know if that will be realistic again and won't really know until a week before the game.

Hopefully that answers your questions. Let me know if you have any others.

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
Hoping for an 11am game!

That would make for an early departure but would be really fun to watch the Iowa State game and than watch all the other games being played as we returned to Des Moines. Also puts us home at a decent hour.

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
I wouldn't be opposed to a 11am kickoff. This is about the only time I will say that though.

Nuts4Cy

Mar 21, 2006
I, not unlike a lot of older gentlemen, have a small bladder and if I start drinking I'm going to need a pit stop 2-3x along the way. Do these buses have toilets?

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
I, not unlike a lot of older gentlemen, have a small bladder and if I start drinking I'm going to need a pit stop 2-3x along the way. Do these buses have toilets?

Chris already answered this, but yes there will be a bathroom on the back of each bus.

I'm not gonna lie, I would feel very young on these buses...

How old are you? We have all different ages signed up.

How full is this now?

1/2 of 1 bus is already full which is great. Starting to see a lot of people who have come on previous trips signing up again.

sarcoptic

Sep 6, 2006
First timer here... does that $150 include the ticket? My wife and I are thinking of taking the trip.

Yep admission to the game is included...its really hard to beat this price trying to buy tickets and gas to get to Manhattan. Plus the bonus is you get to watch college football and drink the whole way :smile: Oh and don't forget about the Tron.

cyman05

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 7, 2010
Hoping for an 11am game!

If I were a betting man, that's what I'd bet on happening according to the Fox TV windows on that day. Of course, everything is dependent on how the results fare on the field, but it looks to me like there are 3 possibilities for gametime that day.

1. ABC unannounced kick time(s)...often they take 2 Big 12 games per week at that point in the season
2. FOX at 6PM (could be a P12 game)
3. FS1 at 11AM

windows for 2013 can be found here (Fox Unveils Plans for College Football | Sports Media Journal)

With Kansas-Texas already slated for LHN that day, there are 3 B12 games left for that day.
1. ISU-K-State
2. TCU-WV
3. TT-Okie State

I'd venture to guess that for TV purposes, Farmegeddon would be the last choice, leaving it for the 11AM game, but it all depends on whether or not this is year ISU starts 7-0 or not :)

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
Are the busses full? I already signed up 4 and have 2 more that might be interested.

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
Buses are not full. The first bus is getting close to being full, but we can always move people around to ensure that they are able to sit with their friends/family