Edwin Cooper Charged with Assault

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
The potential for this to happen is why Iowa State cooled on recruiting Cooper. I really thought he got his act together. I will be interested in how Iowa treats him. He should have a short lease after the Iowa Central incident. Edwin has lots of talent.

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
The potential for this to happen is why Iowa State cooled on recruiting Cooper. I really thought he got his act together. I will be interested in how Iowa treats him. He should have a short lease after the Iowa Central incident. Edwin has lots of talent.

They need him to win the national championship.

As we saw with Montell, the need for points outweighed being kicked off the team after how many arrests.

breck53

Aug 29, 2008
They need him to win the national championship.

As we saw with Montell, the need for points outweighed being kicked off the team after how many arrests.

Just like what goes on at State, huh Mike?? Glas houses,dude.

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
Just like what goes on at State, huh Mike?? Glas houses,dude.

Jesus ****** Cork, you are an idiot.

Did Montell Marion get kicked off the Iowa wrestling team after 4-5 arrests? And then did he wrestle for them again after being kicked off the team?

breck53

Aug 29, 2008
Jesus ****** Cork, you are an idiot.

Did Montell Marion get kicked off the Iowa wrestling team after 4-5 arrests? And then did he wrestle for them again after being kicked off the team?
So are you, Mikey,so are you....

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I'm not sure what you are referring to, Breck. If it is wrestling, you are mistaken.

breck53

Aug 29, 2008
I'm not sure what you are referring to, Breck. If it is wrestling, you are mistaken.
My point is that it's silly to make posts pointing at each other when this crap goes on everywhere . Your athletes probably have more digressions than we do at this point-who cares?? Only the radicals with no life and nothing else to do bring this up. Don't agree with it wherever it happens, but can't do anything about it. That's all.

Cyclonetrombone

Aug 25, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
I'm pretty sure we kicked Andrew Long to the curve for a drinking problem... ISU has been pretty rigid about penalizing people for screwing up, to a point where we remove a point machine from our roster for "team rules"

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Your athletes probably have more digressions than we do at this point-who cares??

intelligencedidntmeanintelligencebeforepowerpivot1.png

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
To be fair, it took a long time for this to happen.

And to be fair x 2...had Long cleaned up his act like Marion did he would have been welcomed back on the team with open arms. Which is one reason Cael's a d-bag but that's a whole other subject.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Oh and we went after Cooper not just once but twice. You can say we cooled on him but we looked hard at him two different times. Additionally, per my Hawkeye roommates, Cooper has never been officially announced as a signee by Iowa nor did he ever sign an LOI. Sounds like he was getting a "trial run" in IC this summer and through the first semester behavior wise and team wise. Looks like he's failed already.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
We were after him prior to his dismissal from Iowa Central and cooled on him after he got in released from Iowa Central and his 1st big incident.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
We were after him prior to his dismissal from Iowa Central and cooled on him after he got in released from Iowa Central and his 1st big incident.
Don't kid yourself. We looked at him again this spring and were pressing for him to visit. He may have even been on campus but that part I don't know.